6629bf65af8f4

6629bf65afdf6
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 icemann Ancient 1.3 Read 8122 times  

6629bf65b0529
Tags: °FM °multiplayer °SS2
A hard & fast paced, multiplayer compatible SS2 level, based on a Doom2 level also by icemann. Note that the actual FM starts after the training on earth.

Announced on ttlg.com in 2002.
See here.

Story
2 years have passed since the events on the Von Braun and Tau Ceti V.
After the Von Braun and Rickenbacker returned to Earth by an unknown individual, both ships were quarantined by Trioptimum forces who swiftly entered the ships and disposed of all alien forces encountered then moved in with science teams to recover the deceased creatures.

All recovered specimens were sent to Semper Fi, a small research facility built within the "Ancient" ruins of an ancient unknown civilization for analysis.

Unknown to the Trioptimum research unit was that the creatures or "Many" as they like to be called were not so dead as they appeared. Rather they had entered a state of hybernation and were only waiting for the right moment to strike.

Three weeks later that moment came and the creatures of the many arose from their sleep and attacked the staff of Semper Fi. Within two hours the staff of Semper Fi were all but slaughtered or assimilated into the Many, and to make matters worse, shortly after the attack began Semper Fi`s security system "Xanatos" initiated quarantine procedures activating the facilities robotic security forces, with orders to shoot anything. Be it Alien or Human.

You yourself being a scientist of the facility were one of the two survivors still alive who had made a mad dash amongst the chaos for one of the armouries near the entrance to the ruins. The only other survivor being your friend from the R&D division, John Grave had made the dash with you only to be cut down by rifle shells upon entering the armoury.

Your only hope of survival now is to reach one of the ships just north of the cargo bay. But that means having to go through most of the base in the progress. Oh well, you only live once.                         

Download
« Last Edit: 08. October 2019, 15:46:55 by Moderator »
6629bf65b06ad
Hm.. seen better doom maps, to put it mild :)

6629bf65b0b00icemann

6629bf65b0b53
I don't for a second claim that the Doom 2 levels I did were great. A great learning experience however. Ancient (the doom 2 version) was my favorite of the bunch however. Whilst I did better looking levels than it, I enjoy that one the most. Hence why it got the remake treatment.

The Doom 2 version of "Ancient" included in the zip was the initial basis for the SS2 version I created many years later. Though the similarities lessened as I added more areas onto it and tried to make it more of a "System Shock" style level whilst based in ancient ruins.

But yes if you don't like my doom 2 levels your more than welcome to go make your own :p.
« Last Edit: 09. April 2016, 03:28:38 by icemann »

6629bf65b1079GuyFawkesGaming

6629bf65b10d3
I've tried out all the fan missions (except for the unfinished ones) and they all work but this one. It crashes to desktop after choosing your classes and skills. Also are there any more fan missions, namely on ttlg? Or are all of them collected here.

6629bf65b11afvoodoo47

6629bf65b120f
this site should have the most complete and up to date collection, yes.

1.3 loads ok for me, so share your ss2.log and maybe crash.dmp (should zip nicely, but you will still have to upload it somewhere, gdrive is preferred).

6629bf65b12b6GuyFawkesGaming

6629bf65b1318
Huh, tried it again and it's working this time. I ran ss2 tool recently though so that may have something to do with it.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Who's your favourite artificial intelligence:
1 Guest is here.
"In France, I'm an auteur; in Germany, a filmmaker; in Britain; a genre film director; and, in the USA, a bum."- John Carpenter
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6629bf65b1ef9