6637da63c0841

6637da63c0db0
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Straylight ADaOB v0.3.0
Page: « 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 35 »
Read 502010 times  

Re: SS2 Straylight ADaoB v0.3.0
6637da63c1331
Yeah, I started a new game, but the problem still exists.  I will try running ADaoB by itself (with a new save, of course) later to see if the lag still appears.
6637da63c1469
hi guys
great forum an dreally amazing work on the mods - quick question here - have shock installed mod ready im running adaob with rebirth and a few weapon replacement mods, anyway no problems but when i try to run SHTUP ss2 modmanager is reporting potential conflicts with adaob.. anyone else get this and if so is it ok to go ahead and just run it ?
cheers

6637da63c15c2ZylonBane

6637da63c161d
You're supposed to install SHTUP first. Always, always, ALWAYS install SHTUP first.
6637da63c172c
actually with your ;'always.always,always ' bullshit i found the following post on ttlg forums :
' Yes, ADaOB includes a small number of files that are also in SHTUP, ergo they "conflict". You can safely ignore the warning.'
posted by another board member on here.
show some manners when someone politely asks a question.

6637da63c182cmiracle.flame

6637da63c1880
And why do you expect others to behave just as you imagine? Quite childish don't you think?

BTW, Always, always, ALWAYS install ADaoB last.

6637da63c1919ZylonBane

6637da63c1965
I wish I could be there to witness matt's utter mental breakdown when he first encounters actual rude behavior on the internet.
6637da63c1a37
thanks for the input lads ! have a good one.
matt.

6637da63c1b2cNameless Voice

6637da63c1b80
Always, always, ALWAYS install SHTUP first.
Personally I keep it in its own resource path so that it gets loaded after mod contents but before the original game resources.

6637da63c1e31ZylonBane

6637da63c1e91
Personally I keep it in its own resource path so that it gets loaded after mod contents but before the original game resources.
Wait... shouldn't it load after the original game resources, but before other mod content? Or am I misinterpreting?

Priority chain should be:
original assets <- lowest
SHTUP
other mods <- highest

6637da63c1f76Nameless Voice

6637da63c1fd5
Er, I meant "gets searched" not "gets loaded".  So SHTUP content will only be used if the file doesn't exist from a mod.
6637da63c21aa
Please excuse me if this issue was already addressed, but I'm experiencing a problem when using ADaoB. ( Installed it using the latest mod manager for future reference. )

The problem exists when I go into the training area and grab a laser pistol. ( I have yet to know if this also applies when using the laser pistol in other areas. ) When I fire in Over shot mode, change to Normal, and try to fire again while the weapon is still cooling down, it attempts to fire, uses no energy, and leaves a piece of blue laser sitting in the room that doesn't go away until I leave the map.

When I first tried SS2 with ADaoB awhile back, I'm sure that I had this same problem, but afterwards it....fixed itself? I don't know what I did, but the laser stopped trying to fire when it was cooling down after an Over shot, which I'm sure is what was meant to happen.

I'd really like help with this. I attempted to load up the mods in a different order and disable certain weapon mods to see if any fixes would occur, but all in vain. It's very annoying to have floating hunks of laser cluttered around your breathing space. =[

Edit: Apparently, when I deactivated all my mods, reran SS2Tool, and reactivated my mods, the error is worse. This huge green blob appears on the screen that causes graphics to smear ( like dragging my mouse pointer over it leaves an undieing trail ) and doesn't let me move.
6637da63c22f7
http://www.filedropper.com/screenshot1_2

This is what my new offender Mr Green Blob looks like. I actually had one time when firing the laser teleported me way up into the sky only for me to fall back down to my death, and immediately doing another new game before exiting SS2 actually had the laser pistol working correctly. ( It would make a clicking sound until the cool down was complete. ) Of course though, quiting and reentering the game had the green blob effect all over again.

6637da63c2673AccessViolation

6637da63c26cb
The problem exists when I go into the training area and grab a laser pistol. ( I have yet to know if this also applies when using the laser pistol in other areas. ) When I fire in Over shot mode, change to Normal, and try to fire again while the weapon is still cooling down, it attempts to fire, uses no energy, and leaves a piece of blue laser sitting in the room that doesn't go away until I leave the map.

As a reference, I've had the same problem with attempting to re-fire while the gun is charging. One or more of the following things happens (very rarely):
1.) The weapon disappears from my "hand". It can still be fired, but no longer appears on-screen.
2.) The "piece of blue laser" appears where I fired the gun and (in my case) never disappears. It's a ~6" tall cylinder sitting in mid-air where I fired from.
3.) The weapon charge reduces to some incredibly low negative number (-25689509) which can only be fixed by recharging the gun.

All of these have occurred when I've attempted to re-fire while the gun was recovering from an "Over" shot.

6637da63c276eNameless Voice

6637da63c27bd
Simple solution: don't try to "cheat" by firing again before the gun has cooled down. ;)

I'll look into this at some point.

6637da63c29f8AccessViolation

6637da63c2a4c
Simple solution: don't try to "cheat" by firing again before the gun has cooled down. ;)
Believe it or not, that was my reaction the first time it happened (#1 and #3 simultaneously). I was cornered and in a panic and tried the old "exploit" of firing an Overshot and then cycling through Norm and back to Over to fire another before the gun had cooled down. Since then, I've just made sure I always had a close-combat weapon ready. But, the #2 cylinder bug has occurred twice after I gave up "exploiting" the gun (old habits die hard) anyway.

None of it is game-breaking, and I viewed the negative charge bug as another way of the gun "jamming" (at the worst possible moment, of course). Thanks for the work (amongst others) on this mod!
6637da63c2d1a

I'll look into this at some point.

Heh, for the most part I don't, but I know sometimes I'll enter Access's situation or maybe just try to shoot a normal shot too quickly before the cool down is complete, and it wouldn't be very good to have some glitch come up forcing my progress to be lost.

But as it was said, it's really a quirk more than anything game-breaking, especially since reinstalling the entire game along with the mods finally removed the blob and got the floating hunks of laser back.

The mod is great otherwise. ;] For whatever reason, it's also the only way I can play the original game too since it doesn't load up unmodded on my current laptop; go figure.

6637da63c2dd3Nameless Voice

6637da63c2e22
As for firing overcharge shots faster: the best way to work around that is to carry multiple laser pistols and swap between them after each shot, allowing you to fire faster than a single gun can cool down.

6637da63c306eAccessViolation

6637da63c30bf
As for firing overcharge shots faster: the best way to work around that is to carry multiple laser pistols and swap between them after each shot.

I do that: carrying up to three early-on when ammunition is scarce and the pistols have a small capacity. It's just always been that my button to switch firing modes is more accessible than the #5 button to swap guns. The game also doesn't swap to the gun with the most ammo (or possibly the best modifications), so if I've been away from a charger for any length of time, I sometimes end up quick-drawing a weapon with an empty clip.

6637da63c3171Nameless Voice

6637da63c31bf
This ought to fix the bug.  Just drop this version of NVScript.osm in over the one that comes with ADaOB.

[Attachment expired.]
« Last Edit: 19. February 2016, 02:15:56 by Nameless Voice »

6637da63c327cZylonBane

6637da63c32c8
It would be a great little addition if we could make it so that the old overload/normal/overload trick still worked, but damaged the gun. More resource-management decisions are always fun. :)

6637da63c3368Nameless Voice

6637da63c33b3
IIRC actually made normal shots damage the gun far less than overcharge shots (originally, both did the same damage to the gun, which was rather unfair.)
6637da63c34d1
Crashing bug?

I am getting a lot of crashes.  Usually what happens is that I press 'u' to play an unheard log, and then there is a huge shower of ammo casings that fall on the floor.  The game then gets a little choppy and a few minutes later it crashes.

I am thinking it's ADoaB since it added the shell casings.

Has anyone seen something like this?
6637da63c3640
Well what other mods do you have installed?
6637da63c3775
Here's what I did:
1.) Installed SS2 game from Disk
2.) Installed SS2Tool, used all patches including DDFix and Widescreen mod.
3.) Installed SHTUP
4.) Installed Rebirth
5.) Installed ADoaB
6.) Installed Tactitools weapon replacements, including the ADoaB compatible pistol

I am using Win7 Beta.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and ____!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
All your time travel is behind you now...
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6637da63c6c5b