662d5657ccd5d

662d5657cd4e0
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 IonosFear's Colored Laser Rapiers Read 46609 times  

662d5657cdd38
Tags: °weapon °SS2

A lot of people will have these as they used to come with Zombe's Modmanager. But since I omitted them from the latest Modmanager version, here they are as a seperate download. Ionosfear's Colored Laser Rapiers.
Small changes I did:
I renamed them so they stacked better in the Modmanager, from "Colorname Laser Rapier" -> "Laser Rapier Colorname".

@sarge945 created an updated version with glow support.
« Last Edit: 01. May 2022, 11:59:24 by Kolya »

662d5657cdf18Lambda 00

662d5657cdf79
These are very nice, especially the Green one;
I am going to attempt a retexture of the Psi-Sword :borg:

662d5657ce03bFironkkuify

662d5657ce08a
Please do my good sir.  I'm an avid psi user and I'll be doing more commentaries with psi usage.  Your work would be very well-appreciated X3
662d5657ce18e
Check the date. You're 5 years late.
If the psi sword uses a texture at all, it would be trivial to replace, as it's one simple poly.
However it would be a lot more interesting to replace the whole weapon and combine the new sword with Eldron's psi amp.

662d5657ce575Fironkkuify

662d5657ce5d0
Check the date. You're 5 years late.
If the psi sword uses a texture at all, it would be trivial to replace, as it's one simple poly.
However it would be a lot more interesting to replace the whole weapon and combine the new sword with Eldron's psi amp.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Ah well.  I was in a bit of a rush so I didn't notice the date. 

But what do ya mean by combining them?
662d5657ce726
The current psi sword doesn't have a handle or any sign where it originates. That's always outside of view.
A better psi sword might show an amp with the sword protruding from it.
Other scenarios are imaginable as well, eg the sword growing out of your hand/arm.

Even if it just originated in mid air and hence hovered before you, like the psi projection it is, it would still be better than the hidden origin it has now. That would also be the easiest to accomplish.

662d5657ce830Fironkkuify

662d5657ce883
Actually, you can get a glimpse of the psi sword's grip whenver you're going to swing it.  Basically it resembles a sword for the most part, but everything thins to a point (it's not a very thin triangle like I used to believe).  It's basically a psi-projected sword that the character literally holds in his hand and the description for the power suggests that it is in fact the psi amp transformed.

And I dunno if it'd be practical for it to come out of the psi amp and for the weapon itself to be held by a ball-shaped grip.  It'd feel or look really odd.
662d5657ce9d6
It's equally odd to imagine that you transform the material amp itself into a translucent sword (and back).
While the description may suggest that ("Turns your Psi-Amp into a powerful melee weapon.") this may just have been done for a practical gameplay explanation. The skill name "Cerebro-energetic Extension" roughly translates to "mind energy sword" suggesting an immaterial object.
I guess there could be various interpretations.

662d5657ceb9aZylonBane

662d5657cec02
It's magic. Best not to worry about it. Worrying about it leads to the madness place.
662d5657ced18
;) More like the fanwank place. But yeah, psi powers are sci-fi's magic in many ways.

662d5657cedd1Fironkkuify

662d5657cee29
Basically an interpretation of magic pretty much.  No runes, no magic staffs, no robes, and no scrolls and books; just my mind, a psi amp, and so many contents to be released from a can of whoop ass.

662d5657ceebcGrombolar

662d5657cef0b
...So it's impossible to change psi-sword's colour? Love the purple rapier, Mace Windu -style!
662d5657ceff5
Should be easy, it's just not what this mod does.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

System Shock 2 takes place on the star ship named ...:
1 Guest is here.
who are you? you are a cat
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662d5657d065e