6623dddb010c4

6623dddb0162f
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Vurt's Flora Overhaul Read 161097 times  

6623dddb01e8e
Tags: °object °texture °SS2 °dml 

Vurt's SS2 Flora Overhaul

Notes:

* Replaces most plant models with more detailed versions.
* Requires a decent graphics card to run without FPS drops.
« Last Edit: 29. October 2015, 20:07:15 by voodoo47 »
Acknowledged by: Pedruh47
Re: Vurt's Flora Overhaul
6623dddb020a8
Nice update vurt! It worked fine, except these plants:

Image: http://i.imgur.com/xcfZv.jpg

Maybe there's another compatibility issiue with SHTUP, i don't know.

IGNA
6623dddb02201
ah thanks for reporting that, i know what that issue is.. i'll make a fix.

Edit: Fixed (untested, but should work now).
« Last Edit: 01. October 2011, 20:20:57 by vurt »
6623dddb02323
Mmh, it doesn't work, this time the plants had yellow and purple "leaves" or squares in this case.
6623dddb02425
Haha ok, try now.
6623dddb02564
Almost! The leaves are ok but the stems are missing

Image: http://i.imgur.com/nGm6e.jpg
6623dddb02697
Hmm can't figure that one out i'm afraid. The texture is 256x256 TGA and the file name is correct (i just checked the .bin with View.exe). I was in hydroponics with this version and didnt see any missing stems.

6623dddb02b4eunn_atropos

6623dddb02bb0
I just wondered: could the texture of this flower boxes be changed, or the flowers be repositioned?

Some stems almost fit the holes, but some seem to grow out the solid metal.
6623dddb02d15
I'm not sure how well the original stem fits in to the holes, i don't think it does, would take a lot of time to position them perfectly.. Sometimes i don't get why they've separated the meshes in the first place, for example those pots and plants, just a lot more work to position two meshes instead of 1.

One way would be to make the leaves go lower (or make them bigger) to cover this error.
6623dddb031e1
Is this still in development? I sometimes get strange bugs like floating plants:
http://s14.directupload.net/images/130216/ccardgi6.png

Flora OVerhaul was installed on top of SHTUP and ADaoB if that matters. Will collect additional screenshots as I continue with the game.

6623dddb0331cvoodoo47

6623dddb0336c
might be an obj placement issue, will check the map.
6623dddb03462
I've played up to Recreations now and haven''t encountered another problem with this mod. Must be an error in earth.mis.

6623dddb03503Shinobi

6623dddb03557
Overwrite SHTUP .bins? Excuse abruptness. On-screen keyboard. Long story. Thx.
6623dddb03667
If you want others to understand you, consider using full sentences.

Dou you want to know if there's a conflict with SHTUP? There is, both look fine but Flora Overhaul replaces a lot more models. For the sake of consistency, I'd advise to overwrite the SHTUP content.

6623dddb037ccShinobi

6623dddb03829
My apologies for the incoherence last night, the post does say why, though... I had to post it or I'd forget.

Having problems with a few of Vurt's mods. As he doesn't test installing the proper (sorry Vurt!) way, he doesn't put instructions about file overwrites in his posts, as he doesn't experience them himself probably.

Maybe Vurt could sort these mods out in the correct folder structure for placing in DataPermMods.

Thanks very much, Marvin :-)

PS: Vurt - loving the latest Skyrim overhaul, just downloaded it!! Posting here cause I don't really post on the nexus.
6623dddb0393e
Updated!

v0.4 Changelog:

* all textures are now in .dds format
* new reeds and lilypad textures
* new pot that fits better with the sci-fi theme
* upped the resolution on a few textures

6623dddb039ecShinobi

6623dddb03a3f
Neat... I just installed the old one. Typical Lol.

downloading :D
6623dddb03b26
Beautiful, thanks!

6623dddb03bcdAlextended

6623dddb03c48
Looks great but the very first plant you see (next to the reception robot) is floating. I imagine it's going to be a recurring issue for that type of plant.
6623dddb03d89
yes unfortunately, though it's just only really noticeable at that one place. You can delete it by removing plantt.bin. Though the original plant is very buggy, the pot is somehow inverted and turns itself inside out as you move closer to the plant, it looks really weird. Maybe it's fixed with shtup though.

6623dddb03e3dAlextended

6623dddb03e8b
Yeah it looked fine with SHTUP. I put this mod in the Temp folder which acts like it overwrites the stuff in Perm to test it so I could delete it without re-downloading the stuff it overwrite if it's problematic. I'll go ahead and just delete that file then.

6623dddb04277redrain85

6623dddb042cf
So if we already have an older version installed, how does one go about updating?  Because . . .

* all textures are now in .dds format

. . . suggests that it's not as simple as just dropping the new files in the DataPermMods folder and overwriting what's there.  There will be duplicate versions of every texture, due to the change of texture format.

Does one format take higher priority over the other?  Or does it matter?

I'm manually going to delete the older duplicate textures in other formats.  But I thought I'd ask, on behalf of others who might have the same questions.

6623dddb0465cblaydes99

6623dddb046c1
Do some of these only look right with certain alpha settings in the .ini? In the latest upload, that same problem plant in the screenshots above has transparency issues for me around the leaves. Otherwise, the plants are looking good.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the AI that appears in both System Shock games:
1 Guest is here.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6623dddb057ac