662348c2d8e0d

662348c2d9260
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Zombe FMProov 1.2 Read 85660 times  

662348c2d9a4f
Tags: °FM °SS2
This is Zombe's stunning sneaker FM Proov (as discussed on TTLG.com).
From the readme (included):

Introduction

You locked yourself into the little storage room to escape your death as a group of assassins entered the deck. The storage room happened to be for food - good place to wait for rescue. A bit cold though, so you had to sabotage the cooling system - which in turn means that the food here won't be eatable forever. You should escape this place - and you would if you only had a weapon. The nearest place to find one is maintenance sector, but you don't have a key. So, you decide to wait for rescue ... and wait ... and wait ... until you realize that there is noone coming. Time to unlock the door and take your chances outside ...
« Last Edit: 27. February 2017, 09:53:55 by Kolya »

662348c2d9be8redrain85

662348c2d9c38
I've tried downloading FMProov more than once, but every time the .zip is incomplete/damaged.  I think there may be a problem with the hosted file.  :worried:
662348c2d9d59
Mmmh, what unpacker are you using? (You might want to try IZArc.)
Apart from that, I will send you the file by mail, if you want to.
« Last Edit: 01. January 2006, 04:07:26 by Kolya »

662348c2d9eacredrain85

662348c2d9efb
Never mind, I figured it out . . . it's actually a .rar file, even though it has a .zip extension.  My archive program obviously went by the file extension instead of the file header.  Renamed the extension to .rar, and it opened up.  :thumbwink:

Well, at least if anyone else has the same problem with their archive program: just try renaming the extension to .rar and it should work!

Now, time for this (relative) Shock newbie to go back to his FM spree.  :bluegrin:

Of course, renaming the extension to .ss2mod also probably would have worked, considering I have the Mod Manager . . .  but I wanted to take a look inside the archive. :sweat:
« Last Edit: 01. January 2006, 05:09:50 by redrain85 »
662348c2da043
Interesting, I wish I could take a look into the fileheader to determine the actual filetype. This might be the same solution for the problem some had with downloading the Modmanager.
« Last Edit: 29. August 2006, 17:38:32 by Kolya »

662348c2da157Chandlermaki

662348c2da1ae
There is a frequent CTD. It happens to me when i try to remove something from my inventory, or reaserch something.

662348c2da417Captain Mcnutt

662348c2da46a
There is a frequent CTD. It happens to me when i try to remove something from my inventory, or reaserch something.
Happens to me to when ever i right click on somthing in my inventory it crashs to the desktop or move something in my inventory same happens.
662348c2da5aa
These right-click problems most likely are unrelated to the FM but to broken keybinds. Try downloading the latest SS2Tool and only use the "Keybinds Fix" from this. Note that any current keybinds of yours will be overwritten while saved keybinding sets remain.

662348c2da90aunn_atropos

662348c2da964
Just finished this helltrip of a mission. :P
At the beginning I had no weapon. Not even a wrench. And the area crawls with creatures: Spiders. A lot of them!
It took me two or three approaches to get control. This is a mission where you can't rely on your old System Shock tricks. You have to think twice before leaving cover.
Later there are weapons but almost every room is full of creatures that are eager to kill you. So every step can be the last^^.
After a while I started to get control and every move I made was very satisfactory, naturally, I think, when every acces card is guarded by about ten hybrids.

Also the mission is very well scripted. Seems to me like the shotgun hybrids have become much smarter. They hunt you down and don't give up until they find you.
At one point, while fighting some robots from above, I was attacked by a rumbler out of nowhere(and I don't mean spawning but good level architecture where I could not see him coming) and I thought: "zombe you '%&$ !!!" ;)

I consider this to be the most difficult mission next to rttunn. To tell the truth, I was only brave enough to play on easy :paranoid:.
But nevertheless it is a great mission. If you havn't checked it out yet, be sure to do so NOW!!

662348c2dabe8Enchantermon

662348c2dac45
I played it once a long time ago, and I remember having the same troubles. It's definitely not for the faint of heart. I need to play it again, actually.

662348c2dad12unn_atropos

Blueprint for Proove
662348c2dad5f
°blueprint °proov
The blueprint for Zombe's great FM Proov 1.2
It's a beast!!
« Last Edit: 08. August 2011, 00:54:24 by Enchantermon, Reason: Fixed tags »
662348c2daea0
Huge and intricate. I expected nothing else from the creator of the mod manager.

;) I kid.

662348c2daf5eFironkkuify

662348c2dafa9
I'm not entirely sure how this mission is even playable.  When I think of playable, I mean being able to play this regardless of the difficulty setting and having some amount of freedom in your choices.  I don't really see any sort of flexibility here, even if it was originally meant to be a test. =Z 
662348c2db0b6
I'm having trouble with this - when I attempt to access items from the inventory I get a CTD. While it isn't every item, or every occasion, it is easily reproducible by picking up a pool cue and then picking it from the inventory (even just to discard).

Not a problem I have with the stock game, or Christine's mods.
662348c2db2af
I have ss2mm.exe, everything disabled, except SHTUP, Rebirth, FMProov 1.2

Also in the list, but unselected:
DEMO:Citadel
PonterbeeV3
RtUNN 1.0.1 (sky+spawn+patched)
AlyaMod (not used so far)
SecMod (Rebirth Patch)
ss2_tf_secmod2
unn_Nightwalker
unn_Polaris
unn_urlaub

Not normally an issue with jumping from one mod to the next, unselect, select new, check for conflicts (ignore if only SHTUP), run.

Only issue I 'routinely' have is pink sky & water.
662348c2db3bf
ok... update, I've removed the lot and re-installed, seems to be better behaved now, so I can assume it was a confused modmanager, or a bad setting somewhere in SS.
I think I still have all the packages, as downloaded, but if not I can always grab them again as I want them.

I'm not so good with the wrench, so I'm not doing so well so far, but I think the next go should clear that (dark) room.
662348c2db497
Glad you sorted that crashing problem out at least.
662348c2db596
Found the elevator foyer straight-forwards... but I've still got lots of areas to scout/clear.
662348c2db67d
Water is back to normal too, so that's good.
662348c2db7ad
Ok, I'm admitting that I'm thoroughly stuck - I seem to have eradicated everything on the deck, and (AFAICT) have cleared all rooms, collected all goodies (and dumped most near map point 3).

Just can't get the end sequence to fire - and I probably have missed something obvious(ish)... what do I need to do to get the elevator to trigger the shuttle sequence?
662348c2db87e
Multiplayer ability for this FM, hmm?
662348c2dba79
I just came here to say again that this fm is AWESOME! So my brother started to come to my place just to play this map with my advices. Already spent 2 nights, one more left.

Mr. Zombe, you said that you've almost completed the second FM which would be even more epic and better! In case if  you never gonna finish it, could you upload the w.i.p. to the community? It deserves to be seen!

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, immortal ____? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
toots: Term of endearment roughly equivalent to baby. Note: Only applicable if you live in a black and white movie.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662348c2def43