6638b2d6c7daa

6638b2d6c834f
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Having an issue fighting the last boss. Read 1814 times  

6638b2d6c88b7
Mainly, I can't fight it.

I fall down the final hole after grabbing the last pda message, and I fall gently until I touch the bottom of the hole.

Once I reach the bottom, I can either jump again to reach about the height of the bottom of the lit tube, only to fall down again... or I can run around in the dark at the bottom of the hole. I can place map markers (with the N key) and see that I am still in the cylindrical tube, it's just that nothing happens.

The boss doesn't seem to want to spawn. I've read on guides online that I'm supposed to fall into a room, and the boss fight should start, but nothing like that is happening. I just keep falling until I hit rock bottom. Then I'm stuck.

Get this... I even tried using ShockED to load the level to see if there was anything wrong. If I'm reading the plans correctly, it seems like the tube the player is expected to go down actually does lead to a dead end. I noticed a short distance parallel to that tube the player is expected to go down, another tube  that isn't accessible from the top that terminates into the inside of the boss room.

Am I missing a trigger or something? Is there supposed to be a hidden warp when I'm falling that transports me over to the bosses room? Is my game messed up?

Help me out here, please.

What am I doing wrong? I have the shtup texture pack installed, and I straylight + official patches if that matters. I also have an XP patch and HyperThreading Patch installed, but my computer doesn't utilize Hyper Threading, so thats probably moot.

Is something in the patches perhaps causing this issue? I haven't had a single issue all game, and this is the first time I've run into a problem.

6638b2d6c8aa7Nameless Voice

6638b2d6c8aff
You should be getting teleported to the end room before you ever reach the bottom of that tube.

Have you tried making that jump a few more times?
6638b2d6c8c83
As per request of Nameless Voice, here is my save file, I think:

http://xybur.bemaniso.ws/save_9.rar

6638b2d6c8d57Nameless Voice

6638b2d6c8dae
I loaded that save and the telport worked fine?
6638b2d6c8efb
This is going to sound weird, but can you give me your map file then?

Maybe it's just my map?

Or better yet, do you think you can save a file, probably over the first slot, right inside of Shodan's room. I just want to fight that stinking boss and be over with it.

6638b2d6c8febNameless Voice

6638b2d6c903b
The map is the .mis file, which is stored in the save, so that really shouldn't make any difference.
I tested that with ADaOB 0.2.6 installed.

And trust me, you don't want one of my saves. There's a certain lack of those strange 'weapon' things you seemed to be carrying a lot of.
6638b2d6c9153

I'm going to try from an earlier save and see if that doesn't do it.

I'll let you know what happens.

I haven't had time lately because I've been getting ready for school. I sort of wanted to get this done before I started my last year of my college education :p
6638b2d6c92ac
Alright, well that didn't work.

I decided to make a fresh install on a different part of my computer, and load my save file in there.

Completely clean install, minus the texture patches, and the other mod I had (basically an install of the second version of System Shock 2 released, with all of the official patches included).

I loaded my save file, and much to my surprise, it finally loaded the boss. So I was able to go ahead and finish the game tonight. Shodan went down pretty easily like I assumed, but I wanted to fight her anyway.

Thanks for all of the help everyone, it meant alot to me.

Now if I decide I want to try a different path in the game, I can do so without having to worry that I won't finish the game. Thanks again
1 Guest is here.
We are all outlaws in the eyes of America.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6638b2d6c9e4a