6628ede172841
3 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 CyberBlutch Rebirth 05
Page: « 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 13 »
Read 1122071 times  

6628ede172e2cZylonBane

Re: SS2 Rebirth Beta 01 - Complemented Version
6628ede172e7e
Heh, I've been waiting years to see if anybody would notice that little mistake. And I doubt anyone has a version that's identical but without the scribble because that's the only version I ever released.
6628ede17306f
ZB, testing our attention since 1823.

6628ede173661Enchantermon

6628ede1736c5
Attached.

Heh, I've been waiting years to see if anybody would notice that little mistake. And I doubt anyone has a version that's identical but without the scribble because that's the only version I ever released.
Ah, I just compared them side by side, and I see now that they are different. My mistake.
6628ede17382d
Hey guys

I got a strange question:

I got this ss2mod file "rebirth_sprachfix_patchfix2_0.ss2mod" but I can't activate it... it asks for some "-volumes" file...
I searched the forum for "sprachfix" but I cant find anything about it?

Wrench
6628ede173947
Neither have I ever heard of it. And it doesn't make any sense anyway. Rebirth doesn't need a language fix.
6628ede173bc7
Neither have I ever heard of it. And it doesn't make any sense anyway. Rebirth doesn't need a language fix.

Thats strange... uhm okay then DIE CRAZY MYSTERIOUS FILE!!! DIIIIEEEE!!!!!

6628ede173e8dunn_atropos

6628ede173ee4
Ahoj,

is there a tutorial around anywhere how to change the modells in sys2?
Were they taken out of the game and changed, or did someone create new modells and replaced the old ones?

6628ede174250Enchantermon

6628ede1742a3
is there a tutorial around anywhere how to change the modells in sys2?
If you're asking about how to install this mod, read the first post. If you're asking about how to create models, get a modeling program and learn how to use it.
Were they taken out of the game and changed, or did someone create new modells and replaced the old ones?
CyberBlutch created new models that replace the old ones.
6628ede1743d5
This will be interesting to you: How to make new BIPED Meshes for Dark Engine Games
And these are tools you'll want: ShockEd Toolkit

6628ede17465cunn_atropos

6628ede1746b0
CyberBlutch created new models that replace the old ones.
My idea was to take a modell out of the game, change something on it and then to put it back. Because  I have no moddeling skills I thought that would be an easier way instead of doing something from scratch. Maybe there is a chance for changing the textures at least^^

@Kolya: Up to now I just had the normal dromed, but this version is a lot easier to use, thanks!
The other programms look kinda complicated. I guess I should learn how to handle shocked at first

6628ede174986RocketMan

6628ede1749da
Changing the textures in the sense of making a direct replacement of the file is possible but if new UV mapping is required or if you want to remodel something and put it back in the game it won't work without repairing the model after the changes have been made because the information governing how the mesh deforms in response to being animated (joints, motions, etc) is lost in the process of rebuilding the mesh.  I had to be reminded of this on a couple of occasions myself.

6628ede174d46voodoo47

6628ede174da1
If you mean the humans in the earth level (before the training center) they should use the rebirth models. Which makes them look like corpses unfortunately.
The ADaoB mod fixes that. So if you use that, they will look like the normal models again.
is there any way to fix this (I mean,to have rebirth models on the living human npcs without breaking anything)?
6628ede174edf
But earth's living humans do have rebirth models. It's just a minor problem that those are corpse models which makes them look like zombies (if you get up close and have a good look, otherwise you're unlikely to even notice).
The only way to fix this is to replace the mission file with one where the humans use different models, which is what ADaoB does.

To clarify: Earth's living humans wore corpse models in the original game too. But it only became really noticable with rebirth.

6628ede174f6evoodoo47

6628ede174fbb
oh,I get it now. thanks for the clarification.
« Last Edit: 05. February 2011, 17:31:30 by voodoo47 »

6628ede1750fbvoodoo47

6628ede17514c
..ok, first, I'm a total newbie in this, so don't be surprised if I say something stupid or obvious.

I have been looking at the original mesh.crf, trying to figure out how things work. the reason is simple-I would like to use rebirth models for the living crew members as well (as having both the original, and the rebirth models on one screen looks just wrong). so basically, the original game uses one set of models and textures for living people, and another for corpses (CRUx_xxx/CORx_xxx). that means adding a rebirth model is quite easy, all I had to do was make a copy of the rebirth CORx_xxx models and rename them to CRUx_xxx. there is one problem though-the new "living" model uses (or rather, if I understand things correctly, is internally linked to) the old "corpse" texture, making the living ingame npcs look a bit too bloody.

the question is-how difficult would it be to edit the new "living" model (in reality, just the renamed "corpse" model) and link it with some other texture (exactly as the original CRUx_xxx is linked to CRUx_xxx.GIF)?
6628ede175271
I think you'd just need to use BIN2E and edit the E file to use the new texture, then ...um make it a bin again. All you need should be in NV's ShockEd Toolkit.

I do wonder where you see living models and corpses so close together though that it would matter.

6628ede17537dvoodoo47

6628ede1753cb
the hybrid chase scene just after the 45100 door would be a good example (tall lowpoly woman chased by a short hipoly hybrid. makes you go waaat? instead of eeek!).

I'm doing the graveyard shifts next week, guess I'll try playing around the editor a bit. thanks.

edit: ah what the hell, sometimes you just gotta have fun. managed to convert the bin to e, and did the edits, but I'm a bit clueless on how to convert it back to bin-it seems like I can convert it to 3ds and then to bin, but that seems kind of.. impractical. hmm.....
6628ede1754ad
Not sure, NV can certainly explain that if you don't find anything in the readmes before.

6628ede17558bvoodoo47

6628ede1755df
guess this is as far as I go (not surprised, if it was just as easy as running two commands and editing two lines, someone would have done it long time ago):

Image: http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7066/ahwell.png

hmm, maybe I should split this away from the rebirth thread.
6628ede1756dc
I was about to do it, but now I'll leave it to you. :)
Preferably from unn_atropos' question onward, as it's all about SS2 AI texturing.

6628ede17589cvoodoo47

6628ede1758ee
ouch, the weight of the responsibility.

..well, even if I won't manage to fix the model in the end, I already have a solution that works good enough for me-I have edited the texture slightly, and made it a bit less bloody. not a perfect solution, but still way better than having mixed models, imho.

edit: uploaded short clips.

hybrid chase:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93XzeTbFdjU

watts dying:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSTv-Q4EXPM

the bloody textures and scared faces work surprisingly well here-makes the chase scene look even scarier (swapped the texture on hands to make the gore less visible), and as for watts,he IS supposed to be gravely wounded and dying, so being all bloody and scared is ok.

the scene at the beginning the of recreation deck is really awkward though-but there is no way I'll ever be able to fix that, as it would require an edit to the model itself,and a new not-as-much-scared face texture. still, I think it is slightly better than using the old lowpoly model.

« Last Edit: 06. February 2011, 11:38:27 by voodoo47 »

6628ede175a37Nameless Voice

6628ede175a89
You can't really convert AI meshes back to .e, you lose the limit planes, meaning you won't be able to convert them back to .bin.

If you just want to change the textures, use a hex editor on the mesh's .bin file and replace the texture name.  Just don't change the length of the file.

6628ede175c5avoodoo47

6628ede175cb4
wow, I'm at a loss for words. that was incredibly easy. many thanks.

now to play with the textures :)

edit: done. I have left a bit of blood here and there, after all, the clothes should be a bit messy after all that stuff the npcs went through. watts is left all bloody and gory, this is intentional, as he is supposed to be gravely wounded and only seconds away from death.. with the exception of the recreation deck scene, the models/textures fit quite nicely, the game was kind enough to hide most of the imperfections (special thanks to tommy for not turning around during the rumbler chase scene, and not revealing that rebirth grin of death).

to install, just drop the archive contents to the DataPermMods folder, and overwrite. rebirth must be installed first (kind of obvious, but whatever).

edit: youtube links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zD8kn0g3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE4vZtli9aU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6K1pDH4A8w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Vq7mIPyIk

edit2: Watts and Cortez are fixed.

edit3: earth and chesapeake bay station models added.
« Last Edit: 10. January 2013, 14:45:07 by Kolya »
6628ede175e72
If you want to keep this as a separate mod, at some point please create its own thread.
The other option is to merge it into rebirth (once you're finished), as it is a rebirth extension anyway.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of ____ and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
3 Guests are here.
You gotta love technology.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6628ede17910c