665c2c6f608e9

665c2c6f612d8
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Problem with inventory, not visible SS2 Read 2074 times  

665c2c6f61827
Hello,
I finally got SS2 to start on my Vista64 machine. Use the ss2tool and widescreenfix and ddfix. Running it in xp sp2 compability mode. The problem now is that when I push the tab or "i" key, the inventory is invisible. But the the character behaves as it is there (when I move the mouse, he doesn't move), also the green markings around objects you can pick up isn't there.

Anyone have a solution for this?

thanks
krist2
« Last Edit: 27. October 2009, 01:01:19 by Kolya »
665c2c6f61abc
There is a known bug with the use / shoot mode but the inventory should be visible nevertheless.
This sounds like the game can't find it's resources, it could be improperly installed or patched or a weird game version.
665c2c6f61c3e
It should be properly installed from a retail CD. I works nicely on my XP machine. The use/shoot bug I have fixed. The problem on the Vista64 pc was that the ddfix didn't work there, so I copied over the fixed exe from my xp machine. Before that the game wouldn't start, just music when I startet the game, but the screen was black.. Will test a bit more and see if I can solve this. But atlest it works on my old machine, playing Ponterbee now. A great FM :)!

665c2c6f61d9eNameless Voice

665c2c6f61ded
Don't run it compatibility mode if you can avoid it, that generally does more harm than good.
Copy the entire game installation folder from your XP machine to your Vista machine and see if it works there.  Make sure you either use a generic install.cfg or modify the paths therein to point to the correct resource locations after copying.
665c2c6f61f75
I have to run it in compatibility mode, or it just crashes. Tried reinstall it, and copy over xp install, but it doesn' work. well, I have it on my old PC, so it's no crisis ;)

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I got it to work. The inventory and the crosshair (GUI) was gone because I disabled Crossfire to get rid of flickering. The problem seems to be that I had both Ati tray tools and Catalyst control centre running. some kind of conflict, but strange that it is just the GUI that became broken..
« Last Edit: 16. September 2009, 22:03:13 by Kolya »
665c2c6f62238
Perhaps Shodan has infected my Vista install :D.
Well, I'm just glad that it works now!
1 Guest is here.
It plays like a dark joke without a proper punchline.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665c2c6f6319b