SS2 Straylight ADaOB v0.3.0

3 Guests are here.
◀◀Page: 168/168BoardHome
6648062dd1541
voodoo47Quote
I'm pretty sure you would be able to complete an ADaoB run before SCP beta1 goes live - as ZB mentioned, SS2 is not a long game (~25 hrs newbie, ~10 hrs experienced, ~5 hrs veteran). but I'd say if you waited 'till now, then maybe hold off for just a liitle while longer, and enjoy the full taste later.
6648062dd186c
RocketManQuote
Not sure if your time-experience correlation is valid dude.  I'm certainly not a noob but I would be in no rush to finish the game :P
6648062dd1be2
remyabelQuote

Quote by RocketMan:
Not sure if your time-experience correlation is valid dude.  I'm certainly not a noob but I would be in no rush to finish the game :P

The problem is meta-gaming. Engineering is so tedious because of the backtracking that I just end up taking the route of least resistance. It gets to the point where I don't even visit the cargo bays anymore. Once I realized how many cyber modules were actually in there (not a lot) it doesn't feel worth exploring. You get the keycard...then run. No need to even check the other bay. In vanilla SS2, the droids don't pressure the player. Hydroponics on the other hand is more fun because it "feels" less linear, even though you end up having to do things a certain way. You smash the glass, and run immediately to the chemical room. After that, the locations you need to place the toxins in are literally almost in a straight line.

That's why I look forward to mods like these. Even small changes increases the replayability significantly.
6648062dd1f1c
Yankee ClipperQuote

Quote by remyabel:
Engineering is so tedious because of the backtracking that I just end up taking the route of least resistance. It gets to the point where I don't even visit the cargo bays anymore. Once I realized how many cyber modules were actually in there (not a lot) it doesn't feel worth exploring. You get the keycard...then run. No need to even check the other bay. In vanilla SS2, the droids don't pressure the player.

Did they turn up the droids in ADaOB? I usually play without ADaOB and the droids seem to love me. They just can't wait to come shake my hand. :)
There are 11 modules all together in the two cargo bays. Not a huge number, but still worth it, I think. Why are you bothering with the key card at all? If you are playing the game straight, you have to go to CB1 to get the card for CB2, and then CB2 to get the code for Fluidics Control. But if you aren't even going into CB2 to get the code, why bother getting the card in the first place?
◀◀Page: 168/168BoardHome

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact