SS2 Christine FM4: Urlaub V3

1 Guest is here.
6649e0711df49
EvengardQuote
Just finished all 4 of Christine FMs (including this one), and I must say - good job! The feels are really similar to the original System Shock 2, even though I can see Christine do have some "preferences" in map layouts - they feel like Christine signature xD

Anyway, System Shock 2 is the only game so far I STILL jump because of the "crawling fear" and uneasiness being in the environments, and somehow Christine managed to reproduce it in her FMs as well.

...Well this one is a bit different from the other ones, although I really liked the overall style. I'd actually like to see more of FMs with "earthly politics" a bit like this one. Feels a bit like James Bond xD He also likes Carribean-styled islands, where something... Is going on behind the curtain xD
Acknowledged by: Christine
6649e0711e141
JulesQuote
I've just finished playing this FM myself. Surely I can't be the only one who felt like these levels were strongly inspired by the "Rest and Relaxation" mission in the first NOLF? That definitely made me enjoy this FM even more than what I would otherwise have already done.

I couldn't help noticing how strongly the engine seems to be built around rendering nighttime environments (as in Thief) or artificially illuminated spaceship corridors. While the mapping was, as usual, stellar, the lighting always felt somewhat odd, as if there were no actual sun illuminating the levels even when it was meant to be daytime. I'm not complaining, of course - I merely found this to be an interesting detail.

Finally, I found this FM to be pretty tough. Of course, stubbornly insisting on playing this on Impossible can't have helped. Still, I kind of liked being forced to play tactically, suddenly unloading my Uzi while peeking around a corner.
6649e0711e2ad
voodoo47Quote
it's probably called the DARK Engine for a reason.
Acknowledged by: Jules
6649e0711e3e4
ZylonBaneQuote
Or because it was originally created for Dark Camelot.
Acknowledged by: Jules
6649e0711e63e
JulesQuote
voodoo47You know what? I've known these games for years, but it never occurred to me that the "Dark" part in the engine's name partially stood for that. And for Dark Camelot. It's weird how our brains work sometimes...

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact