664a20beaa3cb

664a20beaaab1
1 Guest is here.

664a20beab070
I was stuck here, after Shodan showed herself and gloated about Polito.
This is when running latest GOG SS2 "setup_system_shocktm_2_2.48_(31077).exe" from within Linux/Wine.  Installation and mods applied as per this site on 25th July 2020.

I searched the forum for similar threads and the recommendation was to replace and old beta allobjs file with the latest.  Since I already have the latest when following the recommended mods installation instruction, this did not help me.

The way I fixed it was to load my save (which was autosave) before the entry door to Polito's office, run to the corpse and open the inventory screen and press M to display the map interface (which shows that no map is currently available).  Then to wait for the scripted sequence to begin where the walls and ceiling are taken away by Shodan.  During this sequence, she also takes away your HUD and current weapon.

It appears that the pre-condition of having the inventory + map open fixed this issue.

Before I did this, what would happen is that I would continue to be stuck with Shodan who would remain silent after the initial speil.  I would not be able to equip anything, I could only walk around Polito in an invisible box.

After I did the inv+map trick, she continued after the initial speil and showed me the ejection from the citadel and the rest of her monologue, eventually completing and allowing me to continue with gameplay.

Perhaps this will help out someone else who is stuck in a similar position.

664a20beab241voodoo47

664a20beab290
it would be fairly interesting to know whether this can be replicated at will, meaning will you always get stuck when entering the sequence from a particular save unless you have the map open?
664a20beab427
Actually, after reinstating all the "before fixed" save files and loading the autosave, it seems intermittent.  At one point, starting with the autosave, I was able to reproduce the fix.  But then I tried with my unaltered quicksave which is also just before the office and could not fix it.  Then I switched back to the same autosave which was unchanged, and now I could not reproduce the fix.  I restarted the game many times and also my PC, but now I cannot reproduce the fix and am stuck again with those "before fixed" save files.  I have reinstated my "after fixed" save files and can continue with the game now.  But I don't know what is going on and how to get to something 100% reproduceable in terms of fixing it.  Do you want me to upload some saves or logs?

664a20beab4c0voodoo47

664a20beab50b
I doubt I will be able to reproduce, but sure, why not - maybe add a save made while being stuck if you can.
664a20beab600
Ok here is a save file "save_5.7z" with which the game will trap me with Shodan in Polito's office:

mega#Dot#nz/file/rMZGDSBQ#CN2pX4oXx_dGrj7sFyyJB77HJX9Ut_L81F4Mk3ils8s
664a20beab6ed
Re my above post, just put in the scheme for http secure in front and replace "#Dot#" with ".".  Guests cannot post the l-word apparently

664a20beab832voodoo47

664a20beab89e
yeah, guests are not allowed to post clickable links, for obvious reasons. anyway, as expected, no issues with that save on my machine, so I don't think anything can be done here.

generally, reloading an earlier save and trying to go through a sequence again will fix it, so as always, making a good use of all the 12 save slots is recommended, whether you are running the game on linux or not.
664a20beaba2a
Ok thanks for checking.  Strange how it works for you.  Was initially wondering if this was a bug or some kind of weird anti copy protection as its mid game.

Kinda cool game though which I have never had a chance to play due to backlog etc.  You can definitely see the reused Thief2 animations such as the robots and when the mutants enter their "searching" pattern.  Straight from T2.  Not sure if I will be able to stomach the level design in SS1 as that (from a review) appears to be similar level maddening/crazy maze design as from Thief1.

664a20beabb0dvoodoo47

664a20beabb59
that level is a giant knot of scripts/events, and things sometimes go wrong, even on a windows machine. and running via wine probably isn't making things more stable.

yeah, SS2 is a Dark game, no doubt about that - iirc, an original dev has mentioned that until one point of development, the game was literally just Thief1 running new (SS2) resources.
1 Guest is here.
on a dreamy day, I am drifting around
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a20beabc56