6649f56046a8f

6649f56047039
1 Guest is here.

6649f5604741c
Pretty much what it says in the title. I was trying to boot up ReWired but couldn't get it to work, so I uninstalled + reinstalled the mod and still had no luck. At this point I decided to uninstall SS1EE and then reinstall it. However, after being reinstalled, trying to open the game only gives me a little window which reads "Resource 086C is not loaded". Absolutely stuck on this - any help would be much appreciated!

6649f5604789d3RDplayer

6649f560478f4
Hi, are you playing the steam version? The gog version? Or the LimitedRun version?
I'm running the latest steam version and Rewired works fine.
Make sure you copy the correct files and in the correct way into the mission folder.
You find guides on the moddb page or the readme how to do it properly.

Tell me if that helps, thanks!
6649f56047a37
Hi, I'm running the Steam version. At this point, I think it's less of an issue with ReWired and now with SS1EE itself, as I can't open the game at all. All it will tell me is "Resource 086C is not loaded". I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice now and still no luck.

6649f56047ce23RDplayer

6649f56047d39
All it will tell me is "Resource 086C is not loaded". I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice now and still no luck.

Remove the rewired content from its location.  Then check integrity with steam and it might run again. That should fix the game not starting.
For some weird reason, even if a fan mission is deactivated, as long as its content is in the mission folder. The game will refuse to start. Following the advice above "should" fix it.
6649f56047eb1
Still no luck I'm afraid! Sorry to be a pain. I've uninstalled and reinstalled three times now, deleted everything local. Checked integrity too and it seemed to think everything was good to go? Should be no trace of ReWired in the game files at all but still no resource loaded when I try opening the game. No idea how this could have happened.

6649f56047fa03RDplayer

6649f56047ff0
But usually, getting rid of everything solves this problem. Also deleting the kexengine.cfg and the mod.cfg in the AppData/Roaming/NightDive/System Shock EE folder will reset settings. But since you said you already deleted everything: I am sorry that I can't be of help beyond this point.
6649f56048183
Just a wild guess: make sure you haven't set Windows compatibility on the game executable.
I'm just mentioning it, because it survives re-installation.
6649f5604846b
But usually, getting rid of everything solves this problem. Also deleting the kexengine.cfg and the mod.cfg in the AppData/Roaming/NightDive/System Shock EE folder will reset settings. But since you said you already deleted everything: I am sorry that I can't be of help beyond this point.
Thank you, this seems to have fixed the issue as I'd only deleted content in the /steamapps/ System Shock directory. Now to see if I can get the mod installed!
1 Guest is here.
Tell me about your mother.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6649f56048542