664a24babe861

664a24babee00
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2Tool refuses to work, kinda? Read 627 times  

664a24babf346
I got my pirated copy of SS2 from SimpleX, not sure if that is relevant.
After a lot of trying to get Ss2tool to work which included but was not limited to:
Copying and executing Ss2tool.exe back and forth to and from multiple locations.
Deleting, extracting and installing Ss2 multiple times.
Figuring out weird Windows 10 bugs, (Did you know that you can't delete a folder if there's a folder with the same name in your recicle bin but only sometimes, clunkiness of admin rights, win10 thinking that ss2tool is a virus and trying to protect core files by obliterating my poor hhd and freezing my machine, windows search being very bad at searching,etc)
Figuring out Ss2tool itself, (if you close it you also have to close rsync and sometimes purge the temp files, it works better if it is inside the Ss2 folder, it works better the closer it is to /C: or /D: is Ss2, it requires admin rights, and most important of all
WHEN WINDOWS SAYS PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING IT DOESN'T ACTUALLY MEAN IT, IT WAS WORKING AS I WROTE THIS AND THE INSTALLATION FINISHED MY GOD I FEEL LIKE A FOOL)
So can please a dummy readme file be added that says something in the lines of "Sometimes the setup will freeze and that doesnt necessarily mean that the process has failed, make sure that Ss2tool is inside Ss2 folder, your Ss2 folder outside a program or temporal folder, that Ss2 tool has admin rights and close rsync from task bar if Ss2tool was closed mid process. If several instances of Ss2tool are running at once they will malfuction, purge the temporal files from users/username/AppData/Local/Ss2 in that case"
664a24babf645
The post where you downloaded SS2Tool, already suggests to place it inside the game folder.

The installation guide that is linked there and all over this forum also tells you where to place the game folder.

Depending on how much has to be downloaded to fix your game it can indeed take quite some time to finish, but I never seen it reported as unresponsive by Windows. That would be a new one and might be specific to other problems on your machine.

SS2Tool requires admin rights to run and Windows will inform you about this when you start SS2Tool.
I don't see why I should put that in a Readme. You can't run it without admin rights anyway.

I might add that running multiple instances oif SS2Tool concurrently is a bad idea if more people report having tried that. So far you're the first. ;)

SS2Tool places its temporal files in the system's temp folder, so there is generally no need to purge them.

That being said, I'm sorry you had a difficult experience with SS2Tool. I've done a lot to make it "foolproof" but it's an ongoing process. I'm glad you managed to push through and hope you enjoy the game. :)

664a24babf760voodoo47

664a24babf7b8
also maybe don't flail around that you have pirated the game.
Acknowledged by: Chandlermaki
1 Guest is here.
“He’s a good kid,” he said. “It’s not like he’s gonna stalk us,” he said.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a24babf937