664a0627e65eb

664a0627e6a8d
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Corpse remenants in certain mods. Read 814 times  

664a0627e7031SS2Fanboy45100

664a0627e70a6
I'm using a modmix which is irrelevant, but something I have noticed on certain mods is that they have blood splatter as an extra realism thing. What happens in such games with a large body count is that the place where a once-grunt corpse dissappears (along with the blood fx) will eventually become impassable. It is like walking through an area and you bump into something which is invisible. I've did some testing and found out the blood spangs remaining on the floor (from pellet-shot especially) don't delete their collision property when they disappear along with the corpse.
My solution, although not elegant, was to delete the "gibber" and "new blood spangs" entries within the modmix. Now, when a "flesh" gets shot there are no blood effects on either the living or dead. It solved the invisible blockage and drastically reduced the CTD from too many Many!
Does anyone throw the second wrench, found at the start, to jam open the double doors after inserting the battery? Does any mod have upgraded textures for turrets? Thx.
I did search for the command to 'clear level of corpses' but didn't find anything.... then i tested.

664a0627e71acSS2Fanboy45100

664a0627e7201
Um, I think this posted to the wrong section. Sorry.

664a0627e73c4voodoo47

664a0627e7422
yes, the mods are relevant, as they are causing the issue. if it's one of the mods available here, then its author should be able to resolve. if not, well, seems like you have fixed it already?

people do use that wrench to jam the airlock doors sometimes.

updated turret textures will be available when the next version of SHTUP is released.

664a0627e786aZylonBane

664a0627e78ca
I'm using a modmix

My solution, although not elegant, was to delete the "gibber" and "new blood spangs" entries within the modmix.
If only SS2 had some kind of "manager" for "mods" that would allow elegantly enabling and disabling specific mods. That would be great.

664a0627e79b2voodoo47

664a0627e7a0b
a dedicated website where one could download well maintained, proven, quality mods that don't break the game would be nice too.

664a0627e7c8fSS2Fanboy45100

664a0627e7ce7
I brute forced the shock2.gam to do what I liked from various mods after I learnt by examining what others have done. I don't bother with .dml files once I include those things into the .gam file... I don't use any mod managers either nor do i make changes to geometry of the levels. Some silly easy changes I've made: MedSci wall decor terminals are very very explosive. Gurneys can be pulled and thrown (think reverse pull). Junction box also, but explosive when hits. Large pipes are destructable and blow out toxic sewerage ala egg pods. Big bots cycle weapons based on combat range. Turrets can be in inventory and deploy when dropped etc. Lots of liitle things mixed and matched from alot of mods to make LAN play hilarious. Overall it is satisfying to OCD-tweak things and have them work. Frame rates drops with almost transparent turrets so I need a nice skin, however. I don't feel comfortable releasing my crazy stuff since I would need permissions from alot of authors since I've used alot of assests and stuff from other registered games. It would be a PITA.

664a0627e8061ZylonBane

664a0627e80cc
Frame rates drops with almost transparent turrets so I need a nice skin, however.
Does... does this guy think that a nice skin will improve his frame rate?

664a0627e820bSS2Fanboy451

664a0627e825e
The whole reasoning for such was that placing turrets meant that, by default, you could see them from out-of-their-range and develop a strategy to fight. Transparent (mostly and other things alpha 0.95) did knock the framerate down a moment when the lid animation proceeds. Being able to place turrets in my mishmashmod means that a few more would affect it noticably. I've made them all black (at protest from nephews, of course) until I pull my thumb out for a nice texture to make. Others have said (like family) that 'Ooh, I'm so talented of a programmer (sic), that I should make money off it." Legal minefield I'd rather not step through and also I got their faces as skins on the new meshes (avatar 1 to 4) which would be 'not part of the harmony' with releasing that stuff.... also family photos as pic##.pcx etc. Jeez this is becoming a blog...

664a0627e833evoodoo47

664a0627e838a
so.. you are importing dml (and other, presumably) mods into the (vanilla?) gamesys, which is literally the opposite of what you should be doing, breaking everything in the process, then kind of fixing it by chopping away the bits that stick out the most, and sort of asking for assistance but not really.

umm, can we help you? can anyone help you?
Acknowledged by 2 members: RoSoDude, sarge945

664a0627e841fZylonBane

664a0627e846a
I think he thinks that how a turret is textured affects the frame rate. That's what he keeps saying anyway.

664a0627e85dfvoodoo47

664a0627e862b
the only thing I'm getting is that he is piling up turrets while adding alpha to them, which indeed is a sure proof way of making Dark upset.

so yeah, if you do bad stuff the game will slow down/crash, good job verifying I suppose?
1 Guest is here.
on a dreamy day, I am drifting around
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a0627e8713