663a2e49d329a

663a2e49d3a1d
1 Guest is here.

Topic: PSI Buffs countdown timer on HUD Read 555 times  

663a2e49d3e44
Hi,

I wondered, is there any possibility of adding timer, next to activated psi powers on the HUD, that would show how much active time i.e. PSI Agility or Strength etc. has, similarly to countdown when alarm is activated.

663a2e49d4258RoSoDude

663a2e49d42b2
It would be very nontrivial to accomplish this, as it would basically involve reimplementing the psi overlays from scratch. Even if you figured out exactly where each psi power icon should show up in screenspace to add the timers, you're still stuck because custom overlays are displayed beneath native overlays, thus those native overlays must be replaced outright. This is actually doable in the Squirrel script overlay framework, but I think I'm the only person who's really used it for anything.

I think you'd also need to reimplement all of the (duration-based) psi power scripts, which I've also done in my Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines mod so it's not out of the question. But then I'm not sure how you'd handle save/load because the overlay handler restarts every time... it's a total mess. I'll put it on my bucket list for features but I doubt I'll ever get around to it.
663a2e49d43df
Yeah... I was afraid, that would be the case. Worry not, it's just an idea for quality of life feature, that is probably not worth the effort.
It could of course be streamlined, just to show a countdown in any place on screen, if that would make it any easier to implement.
Thanks for explaining.
1 Guest is here.
Death is my former employer.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663a2e49d44e4