🔒 ✅ is ss2tool safe

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/2▶▶
664a54c6995bd
sqrOre109Quote
I was just so Paranoid curious about the safety of this tool
664a54c6996df
voodoo47Quote
it can pose a choking hazard if you copy it on a flash drive and then leave it around small children.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Berathraben, Jules
664a54c699827
KolyaQuote
Hello @sqrOre109. SS2Tool updates your game in the way that Steam updates games. Only in this case the updates are created by the community here and hosted on the same server that hosts this forum. The current version of SS2Tool has been downloaded 47356 times without complaints, so it is quite save.
Acknowledged by: Berathraben
664a54c699b05
BerathrabenQuote
sqrOre109
I am not an author of this tool or anything so take my word worth a grain of salt. But I assure you it is safe to use.
The mods and community have been doing their work here for about 20 years as far as I know. Making a malicious software tool would be counter productive to their goal of keeping System Shock 2 up to date and running on current operating systems and hardware.

One of the Nightdive Studio developers also recommends it in his mod guide on Steam. If that helps. He would not recommend anything that was unsafe to use. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144318168

The ss2tool is essential to making SS2 mod ready and making sure it is up to date with all the community fixes.
But is also completely optional to use.

664a54c699be0
sqrOre109Quote
I'm really glad I have community support. To show how grateful I am of all of your help, I will be pushing past paranoia and setting it up.

Thanks
Acknowledged by: Berathraben
Page: 1/2▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact