663a8f9dd6699

663a8f9dd6cb5
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Mod Rank Order Read 681 times  

663a8f9dd719dStarBug

663a8f9dd720f
Hi,
awaiting the System Shock Remake I installed SS2 again, to get the "feeling"...
After Steam-Installation I followed the Newbie Modding Guide and I have installed the recommended Mods (and some more).
Could you please take a look and confirm the Mod-priority?
Thx in advance...

663a8f9dd743fvoodoo47

663a8f9dd749c
looks good, but not sure about the two DE translations, only do this if their readmes specifically tell you to do so (I'm guessing it's probably the full translation in slot 2 with a few SCP specific files on top in slot 1, as that would make sense).

generally, as long as SCP has the lowest priority with objfixes and SHTUP following, then the rest is almost impossible to get wrong (as the order of the other mods does not really matter).
« Last Edit: 24. February 2023, 12:06:17 by voodoo47 »

663a8f9dd75a4StarBug

663a8f9dd75f9
Thx for answering so fast  :thumb:
Greetings

663a8f9dd7801Vegoraptor

663a8f9dd785d
There is actually one important decision to make based on personal preference. The way it is set up now, all signs, doors and whatnot will be in German. However, they will use the original, low-res textures, unless someone added localized ones from the SHTUP assets, which I don't think is the case.
So as it stands, you can either have SS2 with consistent texture quality, where everyone speaks and writes German except for the people who put up the signs and smeared the walls with strawberry jam (put Deutsche-Uebersetzung below SHTUP, as recommended in the mod topic), or you can have an SS2 that is completely German, but for some reason, your ocular implants have a glitch that always keeps these things slightly out of focus (leave everything as it is).

Also, I don't think Vurt's Pool Water is meant to be used as a mod.
« Last Edit: 24. February 2023, 18:23:48 by Vegoraptor »

663a8f9dd798bvoodoo47

663a8f9dd79dd
good catch, the pool water will indeed not do anything.

I think adding DE support to SHTUP wouldn't be too difficult - I actually did this for the CZ translation (which just surpassed the 1000 downloads mark, woo-hoo). though I have to admit I ripped a good chunk of the hires textures from some local pirate modpack compilation where the author actually was skilled enough to do a little bit of modding himself. so I pirated a pirate - I find that quite amusing.

663a8f9dd7bafZylonBane

663a8f9dd7c04
Given how much of a pain in the ass it would be for localization modders to maintain their mods at two different resolutions, I'd recommend that we recommend that all localization assets just be distributed at high resolution.

If anyone out there really wants their textures blurry, we could probably figure out an ImageMagick script to downscale everything automatically.

Also I'm pretty sure that Olfred's Fixed Models is already bundled into SCP, so there shouldn't be any need to install it as a separate mod. It might even be overriding some SCP-specific model tweaks.

663a8f9dd7cfavoodoo47

663a8f9dd7d4a
yes and no - the fixed models pack is (usually) updated more frequently than SCP, so it is recommended to have it loaded on top just to make sure.

also, I already took that path with the CZ translation - it needs SCP and SHTUP for everything to look and work properly, any other combo is unsupported and will cause minor anomalies, and done.
1 Guest is here.
As we talk into the night, hordes of agile pedestrians deftly dodge the Hanoi traffic,
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663a8f9dd7e41