1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Window mode always on center
Page: « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Read 3943 times  

664a31697dca3Vulkanodox

664a31697dd26
voodoo47
nvidia does not have any option

because my monitor is a large tv. As seen in the image it is best used like 4 monitors just without the borders.

If you have multiple monitors you have one main monitor that you sit straight in front of. When you play a game you put it on that main monitor.

I want to put my game on my main monitor

664a31697e01bVulkanodox

664a31697e07c
voodoo47
and I already have a software that moves each game to the right position and resoluteon but each reload or even menu opening moves system shock 2 back to the center of the screen. Which means I have to move the window around every time.

664a31697e280ZylonBane

664a31697e2d4
What kind of psychopath prefers to play their games non-fullscreen, non-centered? That's fucking WEIRD.

And apparently you've never played Bioshock, because it copied the way its security cameras work directly from SS2.

664a31697e435voodoo47

664a31697e486
SS2 options/video/choose hw driver will allow you to choose your primary output monitor. problem solved?

having multiple screens is pretty standard nowadays (I'm no exception), but that still doesn't explain why would you want to have the output window offset. normally, you would just tell SS2 to output to the screen of your preference (fullscreen, or windowed borderless), and keep the rest of your (video capture?) software running on the other one.

664a31697e787Vulkanodox

664a31697e7da
voodoo47
you are so fucking dense. I have no multiple monitors. I have one large monitor that I use like 4 monitors.

If you take a 8k screen and divide it into 4 sections it results in 4 4k areas. It is like multiple monitors but without any border between them as it is actually one monitor.

I used the multiple monitor example to try to visualize why I want to move the window.

664a31697eab3Vulkanodox

664a31697eb0c
ZylonBane
reading is hard , isn't it? I already explained it like 3 times in this thread even with pictures.

and just for the record, there's not a single software or game that has this problem. It is a basic feature to have a window in windows and move it around. WIndows don't normally just reset themselves, they stay where you put them.

664a31697ed6dVulkanodox

664a31697edbd
ZylonBane   

and as for systemshock, the game is much more action focused and smooth in combat. Having enemies in BioShock is fun because there is a much deeper and action focused combat system. In system shock it is just left click and some dodging with moving back and forth.
Systemshock is also much more resource focused. Spending ammo or hp items is a much bigger deal than BioShock.

And for the record the alarm in BioShock is much shorter at 60 seconds and only spawns a few enemies. I looked it up because I played Bioshock years ago and it spawns like 5 enemies over the whole duration. So you don't even have to wait it out or go deactivate it.

664a31697f109voodoo47

664a31697f157
yeah, my mindreading has not been up to scratch lately, I have no idea what's wrong with me. probably catching the stupid from interacting with too many people that aren't really worth my time, I should stop doing that (will in just a moment).
I have no multiple monitors. I have one large monitor that I use like 4 monitors.
see? you can do it if you try hard, and it only took like, 3 pages of posts. attaboy.

anyway, now that we finally know what's up, we can safely say that nobody can help you (with anything, probably). so good luck with your screen, life, and everything, I'll leave this topic open for the next 24hrs in case someone would want to throw a few insults your way, and then it's time to lock, no need for a regedit even.

//ok, one last recommendation (no idea why am I even trying), go pester whoever is maintaining the split-screen software. making it force an app to run on just one of the virtual screens properly is their job. I'll also translate your 3-page support request into something understandable by human beings (feel free to use this when bothering the split-screen people) - "I'm using a split screen software to run 4 virtual desktops on my 8k screen, I have an application that I would want to run on a single virtual screen, but it centers onto the actual 8k screen instead of the intended virtual screen".

you are welcome.
« Last Edit: 04. July 2023, 14:11:42 by voodoo47 »

664a31697f54cVulkanodox

664a31697f5a7
voodoo47
there is no split screen software . It is simple ,basic windows. You can take the window of any program and make it smaller and move it to one corner. Do that with 4 windows and you have "split" your monitor into 4.

No fancy magic, windows does this since its creation. THATS WHY IT IS CALLED WINDOWS

TAKING A WINDOW AND RESIZING IT AND MOVING IT TO A LOCATION ON A SCREEN IS A BASIC FEATURE THAT EVERY SINGLE SOFTWARE OUT THERE DOES ON WINDOWS. YOU ARE PROBABLY DOING IT RIGHT NOW AND EVERY DAY MULTIPLE TIMES.

THE ONLY FUCKING PROGRAM THAT IS TOO STUPID TO DO IT IS SYSTEM SHOCK 2. OR HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANY PROGRAM MOVE ITS WINDOW ON ITS OWN TO THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN? HAVE YOU EVER SEEN WINDOWS EXPLORER JUST CENTER ITSELF EVERY TIME??

THE ONLY PROGRAM I USE IS SOMETHING TO NOT HAVE TO MOVE THE WINDOW BY HAND. BUT IT DOES NOTHING MORE OR LESS THAN MOVING A WINDOW ONE TIME. IT DOES NOTHING FANCY, IT IS JUST A SCRIPT THAT COPIES WHAT YOU CAN DO BY HAND AND DO EVERY DAY. WITHOUT THIS PROGRAM INSTALLED AT ALL I WOULD MOVE SYSTEMSHOCK TO WHERE I WANT IT AND IT WOULD STILL RESET ITSELF BECAUSE IT IS GARBAGE AND BUGGED.

AND FOR THE RECORD I ALREADY ASKED THE COMMUNITY AROUND THAT SOFTWARE AND THAT IS WHERE THE QUOUTE IS FROM THAT IS 100% RELIANT ON SYSTEMSHOCK 2 BEING GARBAGE AND RESETTING ITSELF.

BUT FOR YOUR RETARDED VIEW YOU CANT EVEN SEE THE SHIT. YOU WOULD EAT ANYTHING WHEN SYSTEMSHOCK IS WRITTEN ON IT. YOUR DEGENERATE MIND CAN NOT COMPREHEND THAT THE GAME IS FLAWED, BUGGED. IT SURE MUST BE SOME OTHER SOFTWARE EVEN IF THERE IS NNNOOOONNNEEEE

664a31697f6bdZylonBane

664a31697f70d
Hey, dummy. SS2's "windowed" mode is obviously only intended for running in borderless fullscreen. You should have been able to figure this out from the fact that there's NO TITLE BAR in this mode. But since you're so dumb I guess this never occurred to you. Just like it never occurred to you to avoid being spotted by security cameras. Because of how dumb you are. I mean, we've seen a lot of dumb people here over the years, but you're easily in the top ten of dumbosity. Congratulations, dummy dum-dum McDumbFace!
Acknowledged by: Chandlermaki

664a31697fbccChandlermaki

664a31697fc70
A grown adult (maybe), having a temper tantrum

Lol look how mad it is

664a31697fe4bvoodoo47

664a31697fea5
ok, so there is no software managing the 4 quarters of the screen? no virtual desktops so you would be able to maximize/minimize/resize windows properly on each of those quarters? does that mean you are literally just dragging stuff around and resizing it manually/with some tool?

ok yeah, I agree, that isn't something my mind can comprehend. or anyone else's, for that matter. I'm so very done here.

also, I'm very sure that if you were to get such a software, and split the screen into 4 virtual desktops (making your windows think you have 4 separate monitors), then that would actually resolve your issue, as you would be simply able to run SS2 fullscreen on the virtual desktop of your preference. no issues with position resets.

//this is what you need, bucko;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixGBr1n2L60
« Last Edit: 04. July 2023, 17:34:31 by voodoo47 »

664a31697ffa6ZylonBane

664a31697fffb
Anyone using an 8K monitor as their desktop monitor clearly has more money (or daddy's money) than common sense anyway. Probably has RGB everything too.

664a3169800eeVulkanodox

664a316980155
Oh I can't wait for nightdive to remake SS2 so all of this shit community dies and becomes irrelevant because the remake will completely replace this old, buggy game.

664a3169801f9voodoo47

664a316980246
you will be waiting for a very, very long time.

664a316980360Pacmikey

664a3169803b5
SS2 is many things but buggy?

664a31698045dvoodoo47

664a3169804af
nnoo, SS2 buggy, no way, never!

there was a mod that allowed you to drive a buggy for Thief, maybe we should port it to SS2 so we would have SS2 buggy as well.

664a316980a0bsarge945

664a316980a81
I don't know what's more delusional, expecting an old game to run at 8k out of the box (or why you'd even want to since the resolution isn't the limiting factor for it's graphics), or thinking that the best way to defeat alarms is to go afk when security panels are plentiful.

There's plenty of valid criticism to be made of SS2 and it's gameplay. Even with SCP it's not exactly balanced. But literally none of what has been said against it in this thread is even remotely true.

This thread comes across like someone played the original and now believes every change made for the sequel must by definition be bad. Because the original didn't do that. Which is asinine.

Security cameras spawn so many enemies they replace each other? Best way to beat security is to go afk? Inventory harder to use than exactly the same inventory in SSR (except more clunky)?

What the actual FUCK is this thread.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to pitch in here, but why can't you just use alt-space to open the standard Windows title bar menu and then hit move to move it wherever?

If it can't manage that, maybe it's time to upgrade to a better OS.

Also, I agree. SS1 is way better. I really love the "lean around every corner and cheese the helpless AI" gameplay, the boring camera mechanic, the infinite free healing and respawning that renders all difficulty meaningless, and the copy-pasted design of all the cyborg enemies. It truly is the best game in the series and the sequel does nothing better.
« Last Edit: 05. July 2023, 00:19:27 by sarge945 »

664a316980ba9ZylonBane

Acknowledged by: Chandlermaki

664a316980ccdvoodoo47

664a316980d25
well, he is just dead wrong on everything, so not much of a challenge.

like, not even catching a glimpse of the realm of what's real from a speeding train wrong. oh, and he can totally copy and paste that ad absurdum thing around. good to know his CTRL, C and V keys are working ok.

664a316980e41sarge945

664a316980e8e
Usually I'd say if Reddit disagrees with you you're doing something right, but in this case I guess Reddit actually got something right.

"half life holds up much better" he says in a comment

I still have the CD version. He can try running that if he wants (it won't run and hasn't been possible to run at all since about Windows XP)

Half life only works because valve has been pretty good at patching it over the years, despite the bugs present in the current version.

664a316980f55voodoo47

664a316980fa0
there's always an exception to a rule.

his caps-lock also works, wondering when he's going to flip it on in the reddit topic. also, 8 enemies spawning at the same time, FACT! yeah right (attachment).
[alert_max_AI.jpg expired]
« Last Edit: 05. July 2023, 00:45:25 by voodoo47 »

664a31698144esarge945

664a3169814a2
8 enemies spawning at the same time, FACT! yeah right (attachment).

Never EVER let the truth get in the way of a good rant
1 Guest is here.
And a Doctor composed of coherent light takes time to go fishin'.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a3169815d7