663a0bdb67a59

663a0bdb67f8b
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Broken sound files.. Read 380 times  

663a0bdb683f8
Hi all,

hope I can find some help for an odd issue. I'm running SS2 on a mac (steam store version, running it with BMM through Winewrapper) So far so good.

I downloaded the following mods :

- Randomiser 1.1 Full
- Tacticool_complete_v1.05
- SS2_Rebirth_v05b
- SCP_beta4

And have them running, in that order of prority on BMM

I've now lost a chunk of audio effects, including the main menu initialisation sounds, sound effects for a bunch of small things like hypos and eating food, and most importantly, the audio accompanying the audio logs left by various crew members.

Anyone got any ideas on resolving this issue? Given I'm playing this fairly mod heavy, I'm guessing there are some odd conflicts going on.

thanks for any help that is forthcoming!

663a0bdb685d8voodoo47

663a0bdb68627
you don't need to run the manager unless you want to change your mod loadout. so if you are doing that (running the manager every time you want to launch the game), don't. either way, the manager shouldn't be causing those issues.

none of those mods touch audio in any way, but sure, try to pause them and see whether the problem goes away. if not, try to change things around under the audio options - acceleration, number of channels, OpenAL, make sure ambient/balance slider is right in the middle..

663a0bdb688a9sarge945

663a0bdb68909
In the sound options, toggle EAX, then restart the game, toggle it back, and restart the game again. If you're not using OpenAL and don't have EAX, you should be using it.

There's a (somewhat unknown) issue on Linux where the sound just randomly fucks up for no reason, and resetting EAX seems to fix it permanently (or at least for a long time). Since Mac is using a similar system (Wine), I suspect the bug may happen there as well.

Also, if you're using graphics mods, you'll probably want environment textures as well. I can recommend shtup and four hundred
« Last Edit: 06. October 2023, 14:09:24 by sarge945 »
1 Guest is here.
Death is my former employer.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663a0bdb69796