🔒 Gamesys dml help

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/5▶▶
664a3eb303043
JoeQuote
I want to load up my old shock2.gam and find what I tweaked and write it down, then implement those changes in the latest Secmod's shocksec.gam via ShockEd.

Off the top of my head, the changes I've made:

-every enemy's health buffed
-most (if not all) enemies have had their damage buffed
-some loot table chance edits
-cost of skill/stat upgrades has been increased
-cost of items increased

The big ones that I don't remember how to do are:
-Shotgun alternate fire mode is severely OP (I forgot what it's called in Secmod. Double-shot mode, I think?) so previously I asked someone for help  with nerfing that so that it doesn't immediately gib them
-Same with laser rapier -- the overhead strike would disintegrate most weaker enemies so that was nerfed
-Finally, with higher armor tiers, slug turrets and lower-level enemies would simply not hurt you at all, so that was fixed

I don't know how extensive those are but that was what I can remember.
664a3eb30323f
voodoo47Quote
so as mentioned, ideally, you would load your modified Secmod3.1999 into the editor (open any map), then hit F3 and put -1 in, then click Export, then Export All, a text file will be created. do the same with unmodified Secmod3.1999, and compare the two resulting files with WinDiff (compare files, select the first one then the second one, then select the comparison and click expand, windiff will highlight your changes).

note the changes down, once you have that, you can create a dml that will apply them for you without touching the actual gamesys in the editor (that's the idea here).
664a3eb303321
JoeQuote
Well, I got the first part and its text file, but I don't have an unmodified Secmod3.1999... is there a legacy post for Secmod that I don't know about that has all the versions available?
664a3eb3033df
voodoo47Quote
aha, right. attached here temporarily.
[SECMOD3.1999.7z expired]
664a3eb303a5c
sarge945Quote

Quote by voodoo47:
so as mentioned, ideally, you would load your modified Secmod3.1999 into the editor (open any map), then hit F3 and put -1 in, then click Export, then Export All, a text file will be created. do the same with unmodified Secmod3.1999, and compare the two resulting files with WinDiff (compare files, select the first one then the second one, then select the comparison and click expand, windiff will highlight your changes).

note the changes down, once you have that, you can create a dml that will apply them for you without touching the actual gamesys in the editor (that's the idea here).

The problem with this approach is that it's still using an old version of secmod. This isn't advised for multiple reasons.

The much better approach is to open newest secmod, then make the changes in the editor, and compare the exported changes vs the newest version of secmod. That will accomplish the same thing while allowing using a more recent secmod, which should give you the latest changes and enhancements.
Page: 1/5▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact