664a17a4371b1

664a17a437636
1 Guest is here.

Topic: animation glitches in multiplayer games Read 894 times  

664a17a437996Outsider

664a17a4379f9
I noticed that the animations in multiplayer games are quite glitchy. My question now is: Are they glitchy because certain animations are just missing (like for instance Goggles firing a gun) or are they just fucked up for some other reason?

It's alright if Goggles holds his arms like a plane while he's firing his gun or PSI-amp or whatever. But what's really strange is that every time someone is using the wrench it looks to me as if he was falling over and dying of a shot in the head or something. I first thought it's just a lack of certain animations. But then again I noticed that the enemies in multiplayer don't fall over when killed but rather keep standing around in the room - which can be quite confusing sometimes.

Another reason against this (as a bug due to missing animations) would be the fact, that the AI enemies are also affected by the strange animation glitches - well, actually it's just that they don't fall over when killed. It's by far not as bad as the ballet dancing in Thief 2, but enough to make me wonder as to why it is like that and whether there is a way to avoid it or not.
So, just being curious.

664a17a437b6aNameless Voice

664a17a437bb7
That's a motion bug that I've seen happen before, though we never figured out what causes it.
My guess was players having mismatched motiondb.bin files.
« Last Edit: 05. March 2009, 09:18:56 by Nameless Voice »

664a17a437c60Outsider

664a17a437cb3
But how did they mismatch?
I know I'm the only one using the german retail version of shock 2, but we've all applied the same patches, so there shouldn't be much trouble, should it?
1 Guest is here.
My mom likes the cute animals while my dad can't get enough of auto racing.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a17a437d7a