6656904e9c37a

6656904e9cbbd
1 Guest is here.

6656904e9d3d5
i actually got system shock 2 working a while ago. it took me months to get it working. now it doesn't work. i remember the last thing i did (after trying everything) to get it working. i found someone had posted the contents of they're ddfix.ini (on TTLG, i think) anyway, after that it worked fine. I have finished system shock 2 before, but i was pretty n00bish, because i never used the Psyche powers. also, i remaking the worm infested grunt for doom 3 :P i got 3ds max, photoshop and zbrush skills, so i thought i see how it went. who knows, perhaps I'll get a team and try and restore to the game to shinier graphics. but it's only possible if i get a REALLY good close look on the game. so please lend me your INI files.

btw, when I'm finished, I'll show you, i promise:P  right now, i couldn't be bothered with image hosts. however if you really need something to keep you going in terms of helping me, i can give you a sneak peak :)

EDIT: (STILL not working but anyhow, after a quick adjustment) ok i missed the ddfix all together, but now i'm brought back to the problem that i started with. with the ddfix patch aplied, the menu shows black and only apears for like a second when i open the task manager.

better list what I've got so far

-xp/2k patch
-official patch
-bug fixes from koylas tools
-ddfix
-safe_texture_manager in both user, and cam cfgs

as far as i know, thats all i need. what i think i do need however, is that DDfix.ini file from someone.

and also, when i play test a map with DROMED for some reason it works fine, untill i open the menu which is black, but then i can hit ESC to go back to the game. so mabye my problem rests with the menu more than anything. just hypothetical.

EDIT: oh yeh, and since the last time my SHOCK2.exe worked fine was before i had dual computer monitors, but on the other hand, i tried disabling the other one and it still didn't work, so i dunno. also it helps me quit out of ss2 every time it crashes
« Last Edit: 21. March 2009, 09:18:30 by simon »
6656904e9dee2
-xp/2k patch
-official patch
-bug fixes from koylas tools
-ddfix
-safe_texture_manager in both user, and cam cfgs

You don't need all that jive. The SS2Tool contains all of that so what you are doing is applying patches redundantly and possibly breaking it in the course. Just try running the SS2Tool over a fresh install. If you still have problems then, feel free to post them, together with your operating system, graphics card and what you tried before.
6656904e9e0fe
Ok, I've done what you said to do, and reinstalled and applied the tool. so this time i get something slightly different. it loads up, and i can hear the humming menu and the noises of the buttons as my mouse moves over them, but all i can see is my desktop. i also had to change the resolution in cam.cfg because when i opened the program it complained that 'ddfix.ini does not match the resolution of cam.cfg'

if it helps you to solve this, I've used a resolution of 1366 by 768 in the widescreen mod and the ddfixgui.exe

EDIT: ok, i just tried estimating where the buttons were, i was able to get as far as starting a new game and got as far as the loading sound for of course, the loading screen and it crashed like usual.
6656904e9e23e
OK! i figured out the problem. it simple doesn't like me using dual screens. so every time i want to play, i need to disable my other screen (which is a real pain) but hey, it works fine now
6656904e9e35c
now i can't crouch :( I've set it to ctrl, and now it doesn't work. i used the control fix thing in the SS2MM
6656904e9e4a4
Might have been useful if you had named your OS & video card at some point.
Not sure about the ctrl-crouch thing. Could be another instance of the SS2 Broken Use/Shoot Mode Problem.

6656904e9e5edSkrewlooz

6656904e9e63e
Hey i've been all over the place trying to find some one with the same prob. i have the ss2tool, the game works now instead of well not working but: i can't see the menu, its something to do with the ddfix compatability setting, note the game works its just not showing the menu unless i alt tab where i can see its drawn and active just not when it needs to be i.e. when the program is "on top" in the desktop

I'll just say now that i've got a ATI Radion 4870x2, P Core2 Q9550 2.8gb, 4gb ram and am running XP home 2002 sp3: any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated

and the reso is 1920x1080 on a 23" widescreen
« Last Edit: 13. August 2009, 11:19:47 by Kolya »
6656904e9e781
Without DDFix the menu is displayed in 640x480, no matter what the selected resolution in the game is. So it switches resolutions each time you go to the menu.

Now with DDFix the menu should be displayed in the same resolution that is being used by the rest of the game.

Make sure the resolutions set in cam.cfg and ddfix.ini are the same.

6656904e9e867Skrewlooz

6656904e9e8b8
Hey Kolya thanks for the rapid reply, i checked the txt's and ini's the textures all match, but something just twigged I've got two video outputs on the card, and the bloke prevously was talking about problems with havin dual monitors giving him a blank screen, I'm going to switch the monitor input over to the other output and see what happens

6656904e9e97dSkrewlooz

6656904e9e9da
->and the solution presents itself; stupid huh? thanks for all your great work, I for one certainly appreciate the time and effort that such communities put into "conflict resolution" Cheers roll on SS3
6656904e9eb02
I made a note about this now in the SS2 Technical FAQ's Troubleshooting section.
1 Guest is here.
Long winding road you got a secret but you won't share it
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6656904e9ec10