664a6f531fbc2

664a6f53202dc
1 Guest is here.

664a6f53206acTri-City-Maniac

664a6f5320728
Hi,

i'm new here and i played System Shock 1&2 years ago. I now installed SS2 again and i want to use one of the graphic enhancement packs rebirth and/or shtup.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to use these packs together - or only one a time?
2. i renamed the zip extensions of the rebirth and the shtup packs to rebirth.ss2mod & sthup.ss2mod ... will these now work with zombe's mod manager or are these packs no "normal" mods und will not work?

cu and sorry for my crappy english ...

Tri-City-Maniac
664a6f5320a14
1. You can play them both together. (And a lot of other mods at the same time.)
If you follow the SS2 Technical FAQ you will see that you can activate and deactivate mods at will in Zombe's Modmanager. It will tell you if mods overlap and therefor cause a conflict. (via Warning-Popup) 
Just try around some and you will get the hang of it soon.

2. You'll be fine. If you have the Manager installed just doubleclick rebirth.ss2mod & sthup.ss2mod, so the Modmanager recognises them. You still will need to activate them in the Manager. 
There are no special preparations for mods to work with the manager. In practice any mod you will ever find will work with the modmanager. There are rare problems with some fan missions (that are not hosted here), but we are working on that.

Don't be sorry about your English, it's not my native language either. :)

Kolya
« Last Edit: 17. February 2008, 21:51:10 by Kolya »

664a6f5320adaTri-City-Maniac

664a6f5320b32
Thanks for your help ... great forum with lots of great stuff ... i appreciate this.

« Last Edit: 05. May 2006, 10:26:04 by Tri-City-Maniac »
664a6f5320c75
Unfortunately, Beta 5 of SHTUP doesn't seem compatible with Zombies Mod Manager. When I changed the extention of the SHTUP to .ss2mod and activate it, SS2 Mod Manager says "This mod was not a ss2mod - therefore it could happen that it won't work exactly as the aouthor of the mod had in mind." It does seem to import fine, and so far is not conflicting with the Rebirth compliment mod. I guess I'll give it a try and see if it works ok.
664a6f5321474
That's just a standard message of Zombe's Modmanager that occurs when it can't find a mod.ini-file.
The mod.ini gives the Modmanager some additional information about the mod but it's not necessary.
Therefor you can safely ignore this message.
SHTUP will work just fine with the Modmanager.
1 Guest is here.
Remember the time before the war? The dream collapsed.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a6f53215cc