664a24100e459

664a24100ea1e
1 Guest is here.

Topic: 2 Player Coop Crash at Deck 5 Sector B Read 609 times  

664a24100eef6
Hi there,

I'm playing SS2 with a friend and we're now at Deck 5 Recreational Sector B:
http://www.sshock2.com/ss2walk/map_rec2.html

When trying to go through the north-western Bulkhead, the game keeps on crashing.
No matter who of us presses the button or where the other player is located,
the one pressing the button will be stuck at "Synchronizing", the other one at "Accessing" on the appearing loading screen.
We have experienced Bulkhead/Elevator/Levelchanging crashes throughout our journey in about 2 of 3 times, but in the end
it always worked sooner or later. At this point this is, unfortunately, not the case:(

We both use the same SS2 Install, consisting of the copied SHOCK folder, applied SS2Tool and Widescreen Mod.
No Modmanager or any mod installed. We use Hamachi to connect to each other.

I would be very pleased if you guys could give us any hint on how to solve this problem - thanks in advance! :)

(please just write if you need any additional info, I'll be happy to reply)
664a24100f115
I don't remember any particular problems with accessing that level. It may be just a series of unfortunate syncing attempts like the ones you've experienced before ... only worse.
664a24100f27d
well, it actually worked once in the meantime, so it really was just a bad coincidence.
Actually, it was a coincidece that it worked, for the next bulkshithead is presenting us with the same problem.

So there is really no way to improve this problem?
SS2 is a great game, but its not worth spending as much (or even more) time trying to traverse than actually playing :(

Does it maybe work in a 'real' LAN better then via Hamachi, any experience ?
664a24100f3be
Experiences vary. One person lately reported fixing his MP problems by renaming ShockWrapper.dll, effectively disabling the wrapper, but those were connection problems.
These problems with MP games have existed forever and I haven't seen a consistent fix. The netcode just is buggy. Although your problems seem particularly bad.
664a24100f545
Well, in our frustatration we tried the solution to a (possibly) different problem:
renaming the ShockWrapper.dll (to ShockWrapper.dllb), effectivly 'disabling' it.
And voila, not a single bulkhead crash so far. This could be, of course, just insanely coincidental. I doubt this, however, for we had these massive problems before.

So to anyone having similar problems: Just try it, it's worth a shot in any case :)

regards
ope
1 Guest is here.
on a dreamy day, I am drifting around
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a24100f63d