664a61f99c546

664a61f99ca8b
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Quick Question Read 359 times  

664a61f99cea8Crosmando

664a61f99cf16
Hello,
I'm a completely new SS2 player here, so if you'll bare with me for a few moments (I have been playing SS1 portable/Dosbox for a few months though), basically I recently installed SS2 from scratch from guides here, and wanted to clear something up, this is how I installed:

1. Installed game from discs, full install.

2. Installed the SS2Tool

3. Installed the Mod Manager

4. I then downloaded every mod from here:
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=962.0
The files that weren't already .ss2mod files I made into them, then using the Mod Manager I added them all.

No problems running the game or anything, I even started a new game and no problems, the only thing is: most of these files were listed as "red" and conflicting with other mods, when I activated them. This is all I've done, I've done nothing else to the game, so I'm just wondering if I'm okay running all these mods, I won't encounter game-breaking bugs or big problems playing on my first run through SS2 playing like this?

I guess what I'm looking for here is a bit of confirmation bias. Thanks.

664a61f99d326RocketMan

664a61f99d382
In most cases I'm aware of, unless you're replacing a gamesys file with 2 game-changing mods, most of the errors should be because of overlapping resources like re-used textures or something.  In that case, just install the mod you want more, last.  Also, be aware that some mods may add frames to animated textures so if you overwrite those with a mod using fewer frames, the game will still find and use the extra frames from the first mod that weren't overwritten and this will look bad.
664a61f99d4fc
I'd leave out HiTorque's  and Arcaniac's mods. HiTorque isn't compatible with ADaoB and Arcaniac isn't with Rebirth.

664a61f99d5b0Crosmando

664a61f99d5fc
Alright, I've deactivated those mods, but just one more question, the Shock Texture Upgrade Project (SHTUP) Beta 6 is listed as conflicting with the ADaoB, I'm assuming it's worth running bugfixes over upgraded textures, so just leave ADaoB out?

Thanks for the help, also nice avy BLAME is great.
664a61f99d71c
Just activate ADaoB as the last mod, that is overwriting some SHTUP textures. The conflict warnings of the mod manager just mean that files overlap, but that's usually okay. See the chapter Which mods are compatible? from the SS2 tech FAQ for a detailed explanation.
1 Guest is here.
“I just locked an open door… strange, yet symbolically compelling.” - Manny
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a61f99d801