664a069ca36bb

664a069ca3ce9
1 Guest is here.

664a069ca42fa
Hello there! I have Windows 7 32bit and SS2 has been working quite good so far, but I noticed an annoying glitch: the animated screens that SHEMP provides, are too slow (because I've played this game in XP and they were way faster than these). I'm using several mods: SHTUP, SHMUP, ADaoB, Rebirth, weapon replacements, Koyla's Loading Screen, DFB sounds, and Where Am I? Extreme Retro Mod. Their speed is the same as the old, low res screens. I don't know if this is a problem with ADaoB, with my PC, or compatibility issues with another mods. I've used the SS2 tool as admin and the Modmanager too. Also, I've changed the compatibility of shock2.exe to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) because the game wouldn't work (perhaps that's the source), showing the dreaded message "shock2.exe has stopped working". The cutscenes have worked so far, so I'm a bit confused; I hope you can help me fix this.

664a069ca44c2ZylonBane

664a069ca451c
If the screens are animating slowly, that means you have the wrong gamesys installed.
664a069ca46c5
ADaoB seems to be the only mod you installed that comes with a gamesys. So it's not a problem with another mod overwriting it, unless you forgot one. Try to extract shock2.gam from ADaoB directly into your gamedir.
664a069ca47cc
Should I deactivate ADaoB form the Modmanager first? And should I place only the shock.gam in the root folder or the whole mod altoghether?
664a069ca49b2
It worked! Now, does that mean I have to do this every time I reinstall the game, or there's a step in the installation that I should change?
664a069ca4ad5
Oh, now that I noticed, you said that it was the wrong gamsys, so maybe ADaoB wasn't activated correctly. Maybe I shouldn't use Modmanager.
664a069ca4c00
Actually I never had problem with the modmanager not activating a gamesys. You could try deactivating all mods and then use the Clean Up option that is somewhere in the Tools menu IIRC. Or a re-installation. Or drop ADaoB into the DataPermanentMods folder.

664a069ca4cbfZylonBane

664a069ca4d0c
But be warned... once you put anything in DataPermanentMods, you can never remove it again! WoooOOOoooOOoooo...
664a069ca4e3a
That's why it's called permanent. Not because there's a quicker way to add and remove mods via the modmanager.
Don't make the mistake that ZylonBane made, who thought he could remove a mod from from a folder that NamelessVoice and myself named DataPermanentMods FOR A REASON.
Poor lad, he had to throw the computer away in the end. These days he browses the web with an abacus and a map he draws on graph paper. Poor lad. But we love him anyway.
664a069ca4f37
Hahaha. Thanks for helping me, all of you. I'll see if Modmanager will activate ADaoB correctly. If not, I'll put it in DataPermanentMods.
Acknowledged by: Kolya
1 Guest is here.
As we talk into the night, hordes of agile pedestrians deftly dodge the Hanoi traffic,
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a069ca503a