664a54ab5e54c

664a54ab5ea06
1 Guest is here.

664a54ab5ef1b
EDIT 2:
Success! Everything is working perfectly as far as I can tell. Thank you so much for your inputs and help on this.

It seems the Ejecting Brass Mod v1 and Ultimate Spawn Mod is conflicting with some of the other mods, but thats another time, place and story.

Thank you again for your help =)
/EDIT2

Good day to you.
I hope someone could help me with the following, so I can check out your fine Mods.

Downloaded SS2 from Home of the Underdogs.
Checked the ss2.exe, it is version 2.3.
The game works fine.

I installed Zombe's Mod Manager 1.00.
The game then crashes when i doubleclick the ss2.exe.

I then removed the game and reinstalled it.
I then used Kolya's SS2Tool version 2, as described here: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php/topic,11.0.html
I click ss2.exe and get a message that the wrong cd is inserted.

Found a nocd patch for version 2.3, by "binmann", on gamecopyworld:
[Kolya ~ link withheld]
Applied nocd patch to the install folder, overwriting the old ss2.exe.
Starting up the game.
I get to the intro screen and the game crashes when I start a new game.

I humbly ask your advice and suggestions =)
« Last Edit: 04. April 2007, 22:05:32 by Dvorak »

664a54ab5f4b7The Brain

664a54ab5f510
I installed Zombe's Mod Manager 1.00.
The game then crashes when i doubleclick the ss2.exe.

Did you install my version of System Shock 2 Mod Manager? Or Zombe's version?
664a54ab5f634
I tried both.

First install I used Zombe's, next install I used yours. They both had the same result, and the game crashed in the exact same way.
664a54ab5f8bf
First of all be aware that the Modmanager as well as the SS2tool were written for the original CD version.
I do not encourage downloading System Shock 2 nor breaking the copy protection to copy it and I hope you will consider buying the game when you get the chance. That being said, I'm not above trying to help a fellow shocker if I can.

The version on HOTU is different, let me list a few differences:
1. Audio Setup: As explained in the readme the audio files are compressed to OGG files and need to get uncompressed via OGGsetup.exe.
2. The movies were re-compressed using DivX5 and Mp3 audio. So you need to have the DivX codec installed. (The original version uses Indeo Codec which is somewhat unreliable under winXP.)
3. The HOTU version comes prepatched - as you noticed - and as can be easily seen in the main menu since it has Multiplayer.
4. It lacks a "current" folder. I recommend creating that empty folder in the gamedir.
5. It has a NoCD patch applied to shock2.exe as could be expected.
6. It has a changed install.cfg file with relative pathes instead of the old absolute pathes.

6. Is what causes your problem. During installation the modmanager makes the game modready. That is, it moves the CRFs from gamedir to a folder named RES and then tries to point resname_base in the install.cfg to this folder. That doesn't work with the changed install.cfg.
Try replacing the line in install.cfg like this:
Code: [Select]
resname_base RES

This will work perfectly for the old version of the modmanager. For the new version you have to use my SS2tool before installing the modmanager beta.
Choose the options "Merge CRF archives" and "Getting Mod Ready" (completely). Do not reinstall the patch.
« Last Edit: 03. April 2007, 15:02:54 by Kolya »
664a54ab5fa2f
Ok, let's start this one over again, thank you for all your input so far, really appreciate it =)

I have now "acquired" the original SS2 cd, installed the game and installed the patch, so it is patched to version 2.3.

Will edit this post in a bit, as I continue trying to get the mods working.

Give me 5 minutes =)

UPDATE/EDIT 1:
Game installed.
Patch applied.
NOcd Patch applied.
Game works like a charm.
Made !backup folder of all files for future "challenges".

Will test the brains mm first.

EDIT 2:
Success! Everything is working perfectly as far as I can tell. Thank you so much for your inputs and help on this.

It seems the Ejecting Brass Mod v1 and Ultimate Spawn Mod is conflicting with some of the other mods, but thats another time, place and story.

Thank you again for your help =)

« Last Edit: 03. April 2007, 15:00:40 by Dvorak »
664a54ab5fb15
Glad you got it working now. Have fun. :)
1 Guest is here.
She was a triathlete in great shape, so why was she breathless, lightheaded and in pain?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a54ab5fbf0