664a3ac936c4a

664a3ac937231
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Shock2.gam modifications ... Read 2026 times  

664a3ac937667MaususAtlas

664a3ac9376dc
Hi all,

I am making my first steps in "shock2.gam" modifications. The ShockEd program is very fine to make the changes I want ... it is too easy :)

To test the effects of my changes, I just replace the original file in the SShock2 directory by my modified one. Once again, it is easy ... too easy peraphs ... because, I lost lots of sounds. What I mean by that ? For exemple, I can not hear a sound when I hit a wall with a wrench and the swift sound also vanished. I am sure that I did something wrong, but what is it ? That is the question ... :scratch:

If someone can help me, I will appreciate. :help:

664a3ac93789aMaususAtlas

664a3ac9378f5
After some research I finally found what was wrong :sly:

I just made a temporary file, edit the file and then copy it in the game directory ... And it does not works ! It seems that the good way is : just save a copy of your original file, and use ShockEd on the file in the directory game without using a temporary one. And now, all is right. I presume that there is a "link" that is made between the directory in with you work and the directory where the game is installed. And this link is saved in the "Shock2.gam" file ! I think that this information is too much important to not be decribed here or in the tutorial ... isn't it ? Anyway, I just want to know if someone had the same problem in the past ? I hope my misadventure can help people here. :p

I must go ... more latter if necessary. :lol:

664a3ac937a61MaususAtlas

664a3ac937ac5
After some new tests, it seems that the problem persist ... :scratch:

Well, It appears that "ShockEd" do not like too much modifications in only one time. Save after each modification is the only way to be sure that the problem do not appear again. I do not know if I find a bug or if I always do something wrong but the fact is that there is a big problem if you manipulate too much things before saving. Otherwise, if you do the same manipulations with lots of backups, all will be right ... :weird:

Ok, I have lots of work to try making my mod properly ... more latter. :lol:

664a3ac937c09MaususAtlas

664a3ac937c58
Hi all,

I have lot of fun these last days using "ShockEd" to modify the properties of the weapons to make a new balanced game play. But I have some difficulties to change some parameters. :scratch:

- How to change the nanite costs of the Psi powers. For example, "Tiers one" cost now 42 nanites ...
 - How to change the groups of Psi powers. For example how to exchange "Cryopkinesis" and "Berserk" ...

Any one who want to help me is welcome here :help:

664a3ac937e34Nameless Voice

664a3ac937e86
PSI powers cost nanites? I think you mean cyber modules.  ;)

Go to Editors Menu->Gamesys Parameters.
Find Psi Cost from the list.
For extra fun, some Psi powers have unintuitive or just plain wrong names.

As for your other question, I'm not sure. I think the Psi powers interface is hard-coded into the engine and can't really be modified. You might want to check out the Psi Powers metaproperties, though.

664a3ac937fccMaususAtlas

664a3ac93801e
To Nameless Voice :

"Cyber mudules" ? Oh, yes, ..., just a little error. Yes, I mean cyber module cost, of course :lol:

Thanks for this answer : I just did not have a look to the other menus. I only had a look to the "Object herarchy (F5)" ... There was so much to do in this last ! 8)

For the "Psi power interface", I also though that it is hard-coded but I asked the question to be sure if I'm not wrong. Unfortunately, you confirm it :'(

Thanks for all, more latter ... peraphs.

664a3ac938174MaususAtlas

664a3ac9381c6
Ok, I had a look about this "Gamesys parameters" menu, and I must admit that it is very insteresting because lots of important parameters are there. Ideal for modders like us ... :biggrin:

Once again, I have new questions :

- Is there a "patch" that makes "Shocked" more stable ? I have lots of crashed as decribed below ... Sometimes, that's makes me crazy to redo all my modifications. Is there anyone who have also such crashes like me ? :eyecrazy:
 - I did not see any parameter about the overburn duration. I know that the length decreases with the class level of the psi power we are using, but where is this data stored ? :scratch:

Please, do not say to me it is also hard coded ... :confused:
« Last Edit: 24. April 2007, 17:07:55 by MaususAtlas »

664a3ac9387b5Nameless Voice

664a3ac938813
- Is there a "patch" that makes "Shocked" more stable?

Well, there's Telliamed's TotalPatch, I guess. It's already been applied to the version I used to make the ShockEd Toolkit, though.
ShockEd is actually pretty stable so long as you always quit after going into game mode... aside from a few known bugs (like the crashes if you don't add links / sources / receptrons), which can be easily avoided once you know about them.

- I did not see any parameter about the overburn duration. I know that the length decreases with the class level of the psi power we are using, but where is this data stored ? :scratch:

Please, do not say to me it is also hard coded ... :confused:

Try Editors Menu->Gamesys Parameters->Overload Params.

664a3ac938916MaususAtlas

664a3ac93896e
Hi all,

Once again, I saw that you know exactely where the modifications must be done ... In fact, I'am thinking that I can not make my mod without your advices ... :lol:

Thanks a lot again.
1 Guest is here.
One day you’re young and the next thing you know you need a “strategy” to get up out of a chair.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a3ac938a58