664a31c596268

664a31c596758
1 Guest is here.

Topic: System Shock 1 Intro German Read 1442 times  

664a31c596a42nilsbyte

664a31c596aa1
This is my first post in this forum and i have a present for all of you :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agfO5wtUcKM

dont know how to upload torrent files to this forum, maybe Kolya seeds the torrent for me ;-)
great place here!
have fun with the video :-)
664a31c596d08
The video on youtube was screencaptured. I just extracted SVGEINTR.RES for fun and it only contained a huge WAV file. When playing SS1 in German the WAV gets played over the original movie I assume. Of course it would be trivial to create an AVI with that WAV and the higher resolution movies which TheBrain digged out of the SS1 Mac version.
Then again there's probably no demand for something like this as anyone can simply play the game to see the movie in their language.

I'm moving the thread to GenDisc for lack of a download. I thought about adding the youtube video as a download but for reasons described in this post I didn't.
« Last Edit: 21. April 2007, 17:39:01 by Kolya »

664a31c596de7nilsbyte

664a31c596e35
i have captured this video in hi res from the game, so there is no need to extract it from the gamefiles :-)
my videofile is a hi quality apple mpeg-4 mov-file with 30 mb. but anyways, this is the only german intro version from the game on youtube, so its good to be there.

but kolya, you are right, if somebody wants to see the intro, its better to just play the game.

btw: i am playing it at the moment, on a mac, with dosbox. very exciting :-)
664a31c596f43
Why do you play the DOS version? Did you try the SS1 Mac version?

About the video: You can't gain quality in video processing. So the original video from the game files will always be of better quality than any capture.

664a31c59720bnilsbyte

664a31c59725d
Why do you play the DOS version? Did you try the SS1 Mac version?

About the video: You can't gain quality in video processing. So the original video from the game files will always be of better quality than any capture.

the mac version runs from os 7 thru 9. i have a intel mac with os 10.4.9, and intel macs cannot run under os9 "classic" enviroment, unfortunately. but with dosbox the game runs very, very good. accurate sounds and smooth gameplay. its just fine.

addition: you are right with the video, original data is always better than capture ;-)
1 Guest is here.
And a Doctor composed of coherent light takes time to go fishin'.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a31c597332