664a2b4f0c4be

664a2b4f0d6a3
1 Guest is here.

664a2b4f0dc45Mkilbride

664a2b4f0dcb4
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=746.msg2490#msg2490

I can't even believe, looking at this post, it was over 4 years ago. It seems like a life-time, no joke...I thought I had attempted a year or two ago...lol.

Anyways, my issue back then...was never solved! It felt like the game that got away.

I am looking forward to playing it now, after I heard that big patch released. But I want to play it at it's absolute best! The best mods, the best settings.

NVIDIA GTX670 SLi
2500K @ 4.5GHZ
8GB RAM 1866MHZ
128GB SSD
Windows 7 64-bit

Thank you! I appreciate any help.
664a2b4f0df5b
This sort of request comes up quite often. However there is no definitive answer to it and this site is actually about choosing what you think are the best mods for you. I realise that testing mods isn't everyone's cup of tea. That's why a bunch of mods are stickied in the mod board. If you use these you will have a decent setup. The rest is experimentation.

664a2b4f0e080Mkilbride

664a2b4f0e0e7
Mm. Alright, I want what ever gives me the best graphics. I'm no graphics whore, but I fully believe in making a game looking as good as it can.

Besides that, I don't really want to much, besides the obvious bug fix mods, and mods that add proper widescreen support, FoV and such.

I tried out the HD Demo for that new "Wonder" patch over at the TTLG forums and honestly was impressed. It looked about as good as a 2003ish Half-Life mod, which is very acceptable to me, I wasn't even thinking they were going to look so nice.

664a2b4f0e1ebMkilbride

664a2b4f0e23f
Trying to get it to look like the latest demo; here is my mod list:

Image: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/183/jpgmods.jpg
664a2b4f0e4c8
Some of vurt's latest mods contain MTL files and soon other mods will as well. The mod manager is not be able to copy these files over.
I don't have a good solution for this yet, so for now you'll just have to check these newer mods.

I'm (hereby) asking modders to tag their mods with "MTL" to alleviate this problem. Also sooner or later there will be a solution that replaces the mod manager. I have played around with a modified version of a generic mod manager that could be deployed via the SS2Tool, but I'm not overly happy with it. Apart from the legal issues of modifying that program, it doesn't completely work the way I'd want it to, leaving the door pretty wide open for user errors. Currently I'm therefore leaning towards a multiple mod folder solution. So apart from "DataPermanentMods" there might be "DataTempMods" and possibly even "DataTestMods" or a numbered hierarchy or whatever. This would have the advantage of explaining the "DataPermanentMods" name to ZB. :) Not sure if that's worth it though, since of course user errors are at least as likely with this solution. So yeah, still pondering.

664a2b4f0e589Mkilbride

664a2b4f0e5dd
Ok, I don't need to play this yet. I can wait another year perhaps.
664a2b4f0e6ee
Nothing I mentioned above should keep you from playing.

664a2b4f0e7adMkilbride

664a2b4f0e803
So what mods  exactly are used in the demo? I'd like to get those 3DSkyboxes it has, they are nice.

664a2b4f0e9a4voodoo47

664a2b4f0e9fb
if you mean the dynamic sky in the earth map, that is apparently not available anywhere, but it should be possible to extract it from the demo and add it to the full game. I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

the rest of the mods should be available here or on ttlg (I think I've already posted a list somewhere) - ADAOB, SHTUP, vurt's hires space, Tacticool weapons, and cutscene Rebirth.

664a2b4f0eb13Mkilbride

664a2b4f0eb68
Hmm, name, that's not available yet?

As for the Cutscene rebirth, I can only find topics from 2007...any link to it, more recent / complete?

Also, how do I get the controls like the demo? I.e, more like Half-Lifes. I tried changing them in the config, but there is no strafe right / left, like the demo.

*Nevermind, found them as Slide left / Right and configured. Reversed with the lean keys.

Interface is also really small, unlike the demo, what config line do I edit for that, in the 2.4 patch, as well was what settings for best graphical quality?
« Last Edit: 01. November 2012, 21:11:00 by Mkilbride »

664a2b4f0f1c3unn_atropos

664a2b4f0f21c
As for the Cutscene rebirth, I can only find topics from 2007...any link to it, more recent / complete?
The first cutscene was finished:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ragtag/cs2b3xvid.avi
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112595&page=5

There was also a fragment for the intro video that stops just before the TriOp commercial.

664a2b4f0f2daMkilbride

664a2b4f0f338
Aww, only the first cutscene? I thought all of them might've been redone...

Damn.
1 Guest is here.
Coca Cola, Fanta, Sprite, 7up, Pepsi, alright!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a2b4f0f431