664a33447af13

664a33447b497
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Mod wont install correctly Read 1154 times  

664a33447b8a3
I hate to ask this but I haven't been able to find a clear answer on your site or in the help file. ZOmbies mod manager works fine alonside every mod it came with, I also managed to get Ponterbee working for it...just not sure how. Now I have UNN NIghtwalker and even though it shows in the manager program, when I click to activiate it nothing happens, ther eis no load screen or anything.

Here is my exact actions I have taken.

created a folder in MOD called "UNN-Nightwalker" then, inside it I made another folder called, "MOD" inside that folder I unzipped all the files into. Now I made a mod.ini, and a files.dta inside the folder called "UNN-Nightwalker" right beside the "MOD" folder.

The program now reads it as a fanmission but nothing happens, and the Files.dta is empty, but in the ponterbee files it has a full list of all files in it.

Do I have to right the paths inside the dta file for every single file in the fanmission? :eek: or is tehre an easier way to fix this problem?
664a33447bb64
WHAT?
You only need to change the extension from SS2_Christine_UNN-Nightwalker.zip to SS2_Christine_UNN-Nightwalker.ss2mod
Then doubleclick that mod and it should load into the modmanager.
If it doesn't you can rebind the ss2mod-extension to the modmanager from it's options.

I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish there by making it so complicated. The files.dta will be created by the manager. And a mod.ini isn't necessary.

The process of how to load mods into the manager is explained in the modmanager thread's first post. And then in the first lines of every mod or FM you can find on this forum. So saying you couldn't find it is a bit...bold. ;)

Oh well this teaches me to make that more clear. Maybe in the Mod User FAQ.
664a33447bc79
its not that i coudlnt' find it, but it seemed very complex and felt vague, but it works now, and I am sorry for wasteing your guy's time. Thanks and sorry.
664a33447bd79
How would you explain it?

You see it's not that you wasted my time. It's just that I was surprised to what lengths someone would go when the answer is so simple. But maybe that's just because I know how it works.
1 Guest is here.
That means 2014 must never has existed then...Does that makes sense, Zoe?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a33447be50