664a3ec0d3245

664a3ec0d3753
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Going trough walls, and model editing Read 1058 times  

664a3ec0d3a96mirage2000

664a3ec0d3af9
Hey, I am new here and I have a couple of questions.
Is it possible with the command console (or what ever might work) to have a sort of no_clip mod, or ghost mod, or just something that lets me go threw walls? And, kolya in an another post talked about how to change bins to 3ds, my problem is when I open the 3ds in a modeling package (xsi mod tool and blender), the package imports nothing. It imports, but nothing appears in the modeling viewports (it's not a problem of if they are hiden or not that's for sure).
« Last Edit: 20. June 2007, 00:51:03 by mirage2000 »
664a3ec0d3d86
I guess you are talking about SS2. The command you are looking for is "physics". A useful combination of commands is:
fly [Return] physics [Return] fly [Return]
The commands will only work in shocked. All you can do in the game is summoning stuff basically.

I only ever used the 3ds models in 3dsmax, I don't know what problems blender might have with it. Maybe you could attach a model you were having problems with (+ bin source) and we can have a look at it.
« Last Edit: 20. June 2007, 01:23:32 by Kolya »

664a3ec0d3f01Nameless Voice

664a3ec0d3f5f
If you're using the ShockEd Toolkit that Kolya linked to, then you can toggle physics with Ctrl+Alt+P and fly mode with Shift+Q (Shift+P to stop flying).
« Last Edit: 21. October 2008, 21:13:00 by Kolya »

664a3ec0d4061mirage2000

664a3ec0d40b4
Ok, well first off the bin to e program, as soon as I start it it shuts down. So I had to drag the .bin fille to the program to make it work. Then I converted the .e to .3ds. With the eto3ds program, I had to drag the filles for this one too. Then I put all the filles in a folder and I see that all the files are all 1 kb (which is kinda wired). Anyways, opened them (I converted all the models in the mesh folder) up in blender, and I tryed in XSI (modtool) aswell. Nothing appears. Ok how do I attach a file, do I have to upload it on another site then hyperlink it?

664a3ec0d41a9Nameless Voice

664a3ec0d41fe
If you're not comfortable with command line programs (as you obviously aren't), you should use my graphical conversion tool, 3ds2bin, which is included in the ShockEd Toolkit.

You cannot properly convert AI meshes from .bin format back into .3ds - the joint limit planes cannot be recovered. Unless you just want to use them in the 3D program and not re-import them into SS2, they will be of no use to you. You would either need the original .e or rtg format files, which I don't think we have access to, or you would need to reconstruct the limit planes (or copy them from a Thief AI mesh, as we have the files for those).
1 Guest is here.
One day you’re young and the next thing you know you need a “strategy” to get up out of a chair.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a3ec0d4304