664a622a0e6fd

664a622a0eb4d
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Problem with Mod manager Read 2361 times  

664a622a0eeb7harkanoid

664a622a0ef23

hi

it is a long time , i would play this game , now it is done.

well , i install the game with no problem (except i must create a file named user.cfg where i write safe_texture_manager)

after i decide to install SS2 tool , then the modmanager Beta_Build_0.0.1.16 , at this point it is ok .

But when i decide to add mod through mod manager , nothing happen , worse i restart my computer and now i can t load the game : this the message error : you have 27M of free disk space. Shock 2 requires 35M. Shock 2 cannot run.

664a622a0f1ffThe Brain

664a622a0f274
SS2 Low diskspace error.

Does that mod show up in mod managers list? You need to first activate that mod and then start System Shock 2.

664a622a0f385harkanoid

664a622a0f3d9

But it don t succeed in adding my first mod SS2 DeepFriedBeer SoundUpgradeV3 - As i already said i install SS2Tool , then mod manager ; when i open mod manager nothing happen , i use the register mod to activate it , but mod manager don t recognize my mod (zip or ss2.mod) , it is strange.
« Last Edit: 05. October 2008, 20:45:42 by Kolya »

664a622a0f4e7The Brain

664a622a0f53d
File extension must be .ss2mod, not ss2.mod.

Check this link: Show file extensions in Explorer.

Which version of Windows you are using?

664a622a0f63dharkanoid

664a622a0f68d

File extension must be .ss2mod, not ss2.mod.

you are right . but even with ss2mod it is the same. Finally i succeeded adding the first mod i tell you , with this method :

SS2_DeepFriedBeer_SoundUpgrade_v3.zip became DeepFriedBeer.ss2mod , i use browse mod to add it in SS2MM\MODS and there i need to extract the archive files , cause otherwise nothing appears. with this method it is fine !

i use xp to run the game .

thx for your help  :thumbwink:

664a622a0f7d8Nameless Voice

664a622a0f82c
I seem to recall the old mod manager not associating itself with .ss2mod files properly; it didn't put the path in quotes, and as such it couldn't install an .ss2mod file from a folder with a space in the path.
Fixing it requires registry editing.
I don't know if this problem is still present in the new version.

664a622a0f977The Brain

664a622a0f9c8
I have fixed that problem in my version of mod manager, so it is registering a .ss2mod file correctly from folder which name contains spaces.

Ah, I think I have found out why SS2_DeepFriedBeer_SoundUpgrade mod didn't show up in mod manager at first place, harkanoid. You tried to open it as .zip-file, right? My version of mod manager currently doesn't recognize other file extensions than .ss2mod. It wont give any warning/error messages when you try open files with other file extensions than .ss2mod. And list of installed mods stays unchangeable.

I will fix this problem in next version so it should give some error message dialog at least when you try register files with unsupported file extensions.

664a622a0facdharkanoid

664a622a0fb1e

well , i installed all the mods i need . in the mod manager i can activate them , but i have a doubt about Shock Texture Upgrade Project . In the mod manager the light is green so it seems to be active , but there is any description of it in the decription window , besides in the beginning of the game i don t see any difference.

i have the 16 crf files in RES , and all the others files for this mod are in SS2MM\MODS\Shtup(here : bitmap,fam,fonts,intrface,obj, and a files.dta)

in install.cfg i have this line resname_base C:\Sshock2+E:\shock+.\RES

664a622a0fbcfharkanoid

664a622a0fc14
 now , i think all is ok  :biggrin:

i put bitmap,fam,fonts,intrface,obj, and a files.dta in the root folder .

664a622a0fce5The Brain

664a622a0fd30
Uhm. But mod manager should do that automatically when you activate mods. About Shock Texture Upgrade Project-mod, it works fine and manager should copy needed files and folders to main shock folder. So there is no need for manual copying.

Reason for missing description is that there is none included in mod. And you don't need files.dta in root folder. It's only needed in mod subfolder.
1 Guest is here.
“I just locked an open door… strange, yet symbolically compelling.” - Manny
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a622a0fe04