664a1766601c3

664a176660747
1 Guest is here.

Topic: (SS2) Possible to fix useless reloading?
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 1576 times  

664a176660a5dThis_is_Xerxes

664a176660ac3
Well, if you like dirty jokes, "Mannschaft" sounds like "Man-Shaft" - my mind instantly forms a burlesque picture, where giant cocks with legs are kicking footballs and screwing people.

On a similar note, there's a popular board game called "Dixit" of which I love to make fun. Imagine a grown man yelling to his embarrassed friends: "Hey guys! Let's play Dick-Shit!"

664a176660e70Briareos H

664a176660ec5
"Mannschaft" is not a nickname, but simply translates to "team" or "crew". It's not a nickname anyone uses here. As far as I'm aware they don't have an official nickname. The DFB website is a likely source for people calling them "Mannschaft". Thanks for pointing it out.
I know what it means in German, but it is used internationally as a nickname (and has been for quite some time). It isn't much different from your example, "seleção" meaning 'selection' which isn't used as much of a nickname in Portuguese-speaking countries, it just means the team.
664a176661067
I see what you mean and the use of "Mannschaft" by DFB seems to confirm that. I would say that "Nationalelf" (national eleven) is a much more widely used term inside Germany, which is more specific to football and more comparable to "Seleção Brasileira". But then nicknames don't always work that way. Either way I stand corrected, "Mannschaft" indeed seems to be a somewhat official nick for the German team in international parlance.
664a17666119c
I think the selecao is going to be known as the mineirazos for some time. ;)

Still better than supporting France by droning over and over, atonally, "allez les bleus, allez le bleus, braaaaiiins".
1 Guest is here.
on a dreamy day, I am drifting around
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a1766612a8