664a0faf29f0d

664a0faf2a45d
1 Guest is here.

Topic: a starnge bug uon starting Read 1051 times  

664a0faf2ab14ericjmz

664a0faf2aba6
Hey folks - I installed & was starting up SS2 for the 1st time in awhile,to play one of my all-time faborite games for the3rd time - & by the way,for the 1st time using all the modern mods.
I starnge bug is happening,preventing play,but let me note that in addition to the actual game,I have added these mods:
I use the sstool & mod manager,latest versions,so its patched; I also added these xtras:
The    shtup beta 6,the latest one called with that folder called Mesh,the enhanced music mod,& lastly,the mod that allows no respawning.
Now when I go thru the training all works perfectly.
But when I get to the actual game,here's what happens:
1.Pressing tab,though I can see mt weapons -e.g.,the crowbar,I cannot click & drag the crowbar,or anything anywhere. I also see what via memory is liek a gadzillion slots open to add weapons,more than I remember by far.
Also if I go into the mfd to read email & logs,if I click on anything,my weapon  is activated 9for example,the crowbar swings) not allowing me to access any MFD info.
Like I said,everything in training works noramlly.
I tried startying new gamew,with different choices of missions..a fresh start,but the very same bug.
Any ideas - is this a quirk do to any of the mods I named? Should i just delete everything,& start an install of all from scratch?
thanks I really can't wait to play...ericjmz PS: When the sstool (or was it the mod manager?) allowed increased rex (& I play at the highest) anyone know why they didn't allow 1600 x 1200 x 32...or even higher?
ericjmz                                                                                                                                                       
664a0faf2ae86
That's the same inventory bug that's been posted very lately.
The SS2Tool allows 1600x1200, just not 32bit color, since the engine doesn't support it.

Edit: It does now.
« Last Edit: 05. October 2008, 20:51:58 by Kolya »

664a0faf2afaeericjmz

664a0faf2affc
Is the only cure then,to delete the entire SS2 & all mods installed,& begin to install everything from scratch,& not change a single default?
Is that the only cure,or is there a simpler one..?
Seems like a fairly big 'bug" to me by the way...agreed? Worth a warning to  everyone on the main page not to change a single control default,yes..?

664a0faf2b248miracle.flame

664a0faf2b297
ericjmz, you don't have to reinstall everything, only go to controls settings and load Default controls and everything should be fixed... Then follow the intructions in the thread Kolya posted.
1 Guest is here.
I want to be a digital nomad. What skills do I need?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a0faf2b3b3