6649fc75c93fc

6649fc75c98e9
1 Guest is here.

6649fc75ca026Quindorrian

6649fc75ca095
Tags: °MTL °object °SS2

This mod will replace the piles of disgusting worms and beakers with worms with an alternate, higher resolution set (visual style is different from vanilla). Load with the modmanager as any other mod. This is a visual enhancement mod, that means it should have higher priority than fixup mods and gamesys mods.

Hi Voodoo.  Doesn't seem to be loading this for me.  Mod comes up as unrecognized in the mod manager...
« Last Edit: 06. March 2016, 14:04:53 by voodoo47 »

6649fc75ca2dfvoodoo47

6649fc75ca337
as always, the archive contents need to be extracted into their own folder, which then must be placed into the DMM folder. as long as you do this, you can't go wrong.

so \SS2\DMM\Kaucukovnik_Worms_v2\*archive contents*. again, it doesn't matter whether the contents are a folder, a config file, a mission file or a combination of files and folders, whatever is in the archive needs to be extracted into a folder which then must be placed inside DMM. so in this case, the OBJ folder that is inside the archive needs to be extracted into its own folder (kck_worms2 for example), and this folder needs to be placed into the DMM folder.

seriously, is this so difficult? if people are able to load mods for the mess that is Fallout4, then extracting an archive and activating it with a tool should be a child's play.

6649fc75ca6a2Quindorrian

6649fc75ca6f4
as always, the archive contents need to be extracted into their own folder, which then must be placed into the DMM folder. as long as you do this, you can't go wrong.

so \SS2\DMM\Kaucukovnik_Worms_v2\*archive contents*. again, it doesn't matter whether the contents are a folder, a config file, a mission file or a combination of files and folders, whatever is in the archive needs to be extracted into a folder which then must be placed inside DMM. so in this case, the OBJ folder that is inside the archive needs to be extracted into its own folder (kck_worms2 for example), and this folder needs to be placed into the DMM folder.

seriously, is this so difficult? if people are able to load mods for the mess that is Fallout4, then extracting an archive and activating it with a tool should be a child's play.

Sorry, I did exactly what I had to do to get those other mods from my other thread to work and this one is not working.  Are you sure those .png files are supposed to be in there?  There is like a dozen of those in the extraction that none of the other mods have.
6649fc75ca9a5
They're part of the writhing animation, so yes, they have to be there. The original had 3 frames, I think, but thankfully it's not 1999 anymore.

6649fc75caa66Quindorrian

6649fc75caab5
Well, here's a screen shot of what it says. 
[Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 10.21.49 AM.png expired]
6649fc75cab9a
And what's in the "Worm Piles" folder?

6649fc75cadf3Quindorrian

6649fc75cae42
And what's in the "Worm Piles" folder?

An Obj folder, and then a txt16 folder inside that.  Inside the txt16 folder are all the .png files.  There are 26 numbered .png files (well one has no number but it seems it would be number "0"), a .mtl file, and an xwormies.png file.  That is it.
« Last Edit: 05. March 2016, 15:49:55 by Quindorrian »

6649fc75caf26voodoo47

6649fc75caf72
there should also be three bin files under obj. also, deactivate RealSG (the non-Rebirth version), as mentioned, you only use one at any given moment.

also, pretty sure this mod works under windows (no reason it shouldn't, it is the same as any other mod).
[worms2.JPG expired]
[fileloc.JPG expired]

6649fc75cb175Quindorrian

6649fc75cb1c6
there should also be three bin files under obj. also, deactivate RealSG (the non-Rebirth version), as mentioned, you only use one at any given moment.

also, pretty sure this mod works under windows (no reason it shouldn't, it is the same as any other mod).

There are no bin files.  All of the files in the zip file are .png.

6649fc75cb2a2voodoo47

6649fc75cb2f0
nope, the archive definitely contains three bin files (see my screenshot). if they are missing in your folder, you will have to figure out what is your pc doing wrong.

//tried to delete the bins, and the mod turned unrecognized. so yeah, your extractor is not extracting the archive properly. again.

6649fc75cb51dQuindorrian

6649fc75cb56e
nope, the archive definitely contains three bin files (see my screenshot). if they are missing in your folder, you will have to figure out what is your pc doing wrong.

//tried to delete the bins, and the mod turned unrecognized. so yeah, your extractor is not extracting the archive properly. again.

Just telling you what I saw...  Anyway, I tried a different extractor and the archives are there.  So, now it seems to be working.
« Last Edit: 12. March 2016, 16:26:31 by Quindorrian »
1 Guest is here.
on a dreamy day, I am drifting around
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6649fc75cb65f