🔒 GMDX: Deus Ex Mod.

1 Guest is here.
◀◀Page: 82/297▶▶
664853c21d4fb
voodoo47Quote
It'd probably finally sway me into a playthrough - the throwing knives are my favorite weapon, but losing them by accidentally hitting random junk and not being able to recover them from bodies kind of spoils the fun (in vanilla, this means you run out of them very fast, which makes them pretty much useless. BioShift kind of works around this by including the throwing knives in random drops, but it's still not ideal - the highlight of this weapon should be the ability to recover and reuse the projectiles pretty much indefinitely, if one is careful enough).
664853c21db98
Join2Quote

Quote by voodoo47:
It'd probably finally sway me into a playthrough - the throwing knives are my favorite weapon, but losing them by accidentally hitting random junk and not being able to recover them from bodies kind of spoils the fun (in vanilla, this means you run out of them very fast, which makes them pretty much useless. BioShift kind of works around this by including the throwing knives in random drops, but it's still not ideal - the highlight of this weapon should be the ability to recover and reuse the projectiles pretty much indefinitely, if one is careful enough).

Realistically we should. I guess it would be easier to make the knives transfer to the NPC's inventory so when you frob the corpse you get them back that way. Other games use this method, such as Morrowind. For other actors that are metal it could just bounce off, but then what about the remaining other material types?
There's also the problem of ammo distribution/resource management: throwing knifes in GMDX are good. Really good if you have max low-tech skill and combat strength.  Them essentially being infinite ammo providing you manage them well could be a problem.

From the website:

Throwing Knives:

-Increased damage.
-Increased projectile speed (aiming for realistic levels).
-Slower base throw speed (or firing rate if you prefer. this is increased by the new melee speed modifier of the combat speed aug).
-Varied impact effects based on what it hits.
-More commonly found throughout the game.
-Increased carrying capacity.
-Added a throwing SFX.
-Fixed a number of related bugs (pickup icon and added prevention of pickup once max ammo reached).
-Low-tech skill makes TK's easier to see in-flight, so you know where they land and can master their trajectory.

Low-tech skill at higher levels also makes enemies more likely to play flinch/pain animation when struck by low-tech weapons, which obviously helps.
664853c21dcfb
voodoo47Quote
if you added more of them, making them rare again (in vanilla, they are found at maybe 3 locations throughout the entire game) would probably be a good idea. they are still kind of difficult to use, and (should be) useless against pure metal, so it all should balance out pretty ok.
664853c21ddf9
Join2Quote
Yeah. I've already got rubber bullets for the shotgun in anyway and they are infinitely reusable, but they are also much easier to lose as they are fired out at high speeds. And they are also loud, whilst throwing knives obviously are not.
664853c21e00b
SynaesthesiaQuote
I don't know if it's been addressed before, but I wasn't able to escape from MJ12 detention underneath UNATCO HQ until I shot my pistol. The keycode is four digits long and should be 4089 but the keypad is now three digits, which prevents leaving unless you create a distraction. This forced a guard to run and open the door for me.

I'm also noticing that a lot of the marked crates (health, weapons, tools) are not dropping any items at all, and when they do there's a chance that the item dropped will become invisible - but still targetable and acquirable.
◀◀Page: 82/297▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact