6639d7334f748

6639d7334fe11
2 Guests are here.

6639d7335063cvoodoo47

6639d733506af
they do  - despite my slight objection, as I think if editing a mission, simply deploying the obj scales is preferable to all the gamesys NVscript shenanigans.

6639d73350d6dsarge945

6639d73350e24
making the inventory work on a console in any kind of sane manner is going to be a nightmare, I'd imagine.

Yes, although playing SS2 with something like the Steam Controller is almost magic. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to make it work reasonably alright with a controller.

Which will also benefit the PC Version.

I haven't officially announced it yet, but we are planning to release SS2EE on all platforms. We just hit internal testing phase of development. I can't wait to share more  :headshot:

Does this include the Switch? Because being able to play System Shock 2 while on the train would be awesome.

6639d73351609unn_atropos

6639d73351679
@pripyatbeast

Anyone who grants Nightdive permission to use their work will be credited in the game

Can we have pictures of our horribly mutilated corpses in the credits?? 🥳

6639d73351bc3pripyatbeast

• Company: Nightdive Studios
6639d73351c3d
I was just thinking, adding developer commentary nodes to SS2EE would be a nice selling point. Technically it would be trivial  to drop in objects that play some audio when frobbed. The hard part would be roping the original devs into coming up with meaningful commentary to include.

We did a stream a while back with some of the original devs. I've gotten to know quite a few of them over the years, so this may not be out of the question. Great idea, ZB :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWFylN8bRdQ

6639d73351da3icemann

6639d73351df8
I vote for a monkey mode, with all the audio logs changed to just monkey talk.
6639d73352193
Given that the Enhanced Edition adds some new bells and whistles (one example being a Rebirth revamp if I understood correctly) and provided they are compatible with the old game or can be easily ported over to NewDark: Will Nightdive release those assets to modders for implementing them in the original game?
« Last Edit: 23. January 2021, 15:24:32 by Marvin »
Acknowledged by: icemann

6639d73352457ZylonBane

6639d733524ae
I imagine all assets will be "released" the moment it's installed on your hard drive. They're maintaining compatibility with resource replacement mods, so it's probably safe to assume that even the KEX port will use the same resource format as Dark.
6639d73352649
It's still a valid legal question if those assets can be used and released by modders.

6639d733526f5icemann

6639d7335274f
I just hope it has a vanilla mode / original models mode.
6639d73353039

Other mods we'd like to include are:
Fan Translations

As a russian-speaking person I kindly ask you — don't include WebCall (Fargus/7Wolf et.c.) translation, for the Love (and Infinite Glory) of SHODAN.
Try to contact with guy from «Dark Fate Team» S.Siamsky (https://darkfate.org/forum/index.php?topic=1090.45)
And with BroFox86 (https://github.com/BroFox86/ss2-rus) — he actualized russian translation for SCP4.

6639d7335311fvoodoo47

6639d7335317f
ah, so we finally have a community approved RU translation? maybe we should host it and uhh, retire the other ones.
6639d733535a1
voodoo47Well, I can't speak from all Russian Shock community, but IMHO Dark Fate version is far better than 20-yrs old pirate-made relics.
6639d73353a8e
I'm late to the party and, frankly, you seem like you've already gotten in touch with the noteables that are still around here. So, questions i guess:

-The ability to scale hud and font elements separately? I ask as my vision is pretty well crap and as resolutions go up, text size tends to shrink. being able to scale up these things to compensate would be nice, but I don't know how hard it would be and it not look turbojank. It doesn't SOUND like an imposition compared to some of my other requests, but it always is the easy sounding thing that causes code to break innit?
- Chipping my two bits in on wanting a developer commentary mode (frobbable in level objects? That seems easiest)
- Pity there is no real easy way to include system shock infinite as a new game Plus given how many copyrighted assets it uses. It is a fun mod that has a different sort of take on the story and actually explains how the beta grove got that far out (messing with the stuff of reality is pretty dangerous.) However, to contact the head mod author: Matteo Soleri [email address removed]
- Silly, but would be amusing to have a way to have any of the game pig games collected playable from their own menu option (say I collect the game pig and two games. i go into the gamepig option in the main menue and those two games are playable.) you are nearing the end of internal testing so seems a bit... silly to ask for such a feature, but may as well.
- Are there any features that will be in SS2EE that aren't part of NewDark as far as you are aware?
- Any chance at getting the shodan walls in the polito cutscene to speak as opposed to static image? Or to have it instead of being the level geometry oragami-ying out, make shodan fill your screen like a sped up version of the end fight of system shock and have the translucent props and stuff overlay wherever you are looking? Big ask but.. again, may as well. Yes Zylon I know the ship sailed on anything major like that and it is stupid.
- Any realistic chance at new lines from Shodan? Other bits of dialogue/lines that aren't used in the main game but could be used for level editing and modding?
- Is the FM 'Arena' gonna be included? That with actual proper netcode for multiplayer would be pretty stellar to be honest.
- Easter egg ending where you open up the self destruct when you first get to engineering as sequence break? IE still having polito as mission control and you open the self destruct panel Shodan freaks out or tries to order you to stop that.
-Any chance at, because you own the game now, you storyboarding what the ending was 'supposed' to be so maybe the mod monkies could build it if you aren't putting that in the game?

Thanks for working with the community here Mr Kick. I look forward to giving you more money.
« Last Edit: 10. January 2021, 12:34:40 by Moderator »
6639d7335408e
Hikari Please don't post email addresses. They'll get picked up by harvester bots and spammed to kingdom come.

6639d73354446vrubayka

6639d733544bb

This might be a little too specific but are you going to make the EAX effects work out of the box?
I decided to go back to this post and elaborate a bit. When you rereleased Sin, you deleted/altered the DirectSound code in it so that EAX and 3D sound emulation with DSOAL was impossible. Can you leave the eax for SS2EE in? People can still make use of the EAX effects and 3d sound using dsoal or any other restoration software.

6639d7335459evoodoo47

Acknowledged by: Briareos H

6639d733548efprengle

6639d733549c6
pripyatbeastlol not buying your dogshit kex port stephen, try making money off work your own company did for once... like that ss1 remake you still haven't finished  :awesome:

6639d73354c46SuperV1234

6639d73354c9e
@pripyatbeast: reached out on Twitter, but got no reply. If you need any hand with VR implementation/design, feel free to ask. I have some experience with adding first-class VR interactions to older games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_ctxSqs6gA

6639d73354d9bpripyatbeast

• Company: Nightdive Studios
6639d73354dea
For those who haven't seen we've posted a preview of SS2EE running in VR - https://twitter.com/NightdiveStudio/status/1348348791372480513

It wasn't something we were originally planning on, but the results have been very promising and it'll be a nice bonus for those who have a VR setup.

6639d73355246youarelovingit

6639d733552d9
pripyatbeast
Very cool! I never even imagined we would ever see a VR version of SS2.

By the way, I have some suggestions if you don't mind:

1. If you are going to include more faithful versions of Rebirth models, please make sure there are multiple skins for each human NPC and hybrids. At the moment all hybrids are wearing sleeveless undershirt and jeans instead of their uniform/jumpsuit.
(I am not talking about anything extravagant here, when I say multiple, one hybrid texture with sleeveless undershirt and one with the uniform for each hybrid would be enough. As for human NPC's, just making sure there are multiple face textures would be enough.)

2. Please add female hybrid models along with male hybrids. Canonically, there are supposed to be female hybrids as well, but in game they all appear as male. Please check this thread: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=11334.0

4. Please add mouth animation for Human NPC's. There is a simple method to do so suggested here: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=11543.0

Also if you could add optional dx11 support, normal map support and  realistic shadows that would be amazing.
Acknowledged by: PsiElite

6639d733556e7ZylonBane

6639d7335575e
Please add mouth animation for Human NPC's. There is a simple method to do so suggested here
The technique suggested in that thread is the furthest possible thing from simple, and in fact would be highly labor-intensive.

The closest thing to simple would be to use the engine's built-in facial texture animation feature. That would "just" require making new face textures.
Acknowledged by: ThiefsieFool

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

System Shock 2 takes place on the star ship named ...:
2 Guests are here.
i was ready to help him search for his sense of civility but against my own will i went into the bookstore across the street and got lost.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6639d733558bb