SS2 Zygoptera 'Ultimate' Spawn Mod

2 Guests are here.
Page: 1/9▶▶
663383ef5aea2
ZygoQuote
This is a modification for SS2 which alters the respawn levels in the original levels by altering the levels themselves (as discussed on TTLG). This should eliminate problems people have been having with using no_spawn in user.cfg and finding little effect. Four settings are provided, including an enhanced respawn mode which doubles the rate of spawn.

===========================
Zygo's 'Ultimate' Spawn Mod
===========================

for System Shock 2.

This mod allows a choice of different spawn levels for SS2- normal, enhanced (doubled), no spawn and no spawn including cameras. The no spawn setting is designed specifically for those who use no_spawn in user.cfg per the patch readme instructions but find that spawning continues. Since the mod deletes the active ecologies spawning should be totally eliminated.

NOTE: This does not effect 'plot' spawning in any way, shape or form- only the random, ecology based spawning.

Important: This mod should be considered incompatible with previous save games. It is very highly advised that you start a new game when using this mod for the first time.

Instructions
============

0) Ensure that you have backups of the original mission files available.

1) Unzip mis files from the included MOD-folder into your SS2 installation folder, with overwriting.

OR

2) Use zombe's mod manager. Note: The MM recognises the extension .ss2mod rather than zip, but will load the archive fine in any case.

3) Upon arriving at medsci1 there will be four cubes attached to the player. Each selects a different respawn level, described on the command line (top center of the screen). Go into interface mode (TAB) and click your selection.

MP note: Whichever spawn level is selected is selected for all players. All players *must* use the same version of the levels (at the least odd results may occur, at worse the game will crash).

Disclaimer/ Legal Stuff
=======================

This mod has had only basic testing- I obviously haven't played through the game 4+ times to test it, especially as I will almost certainly not use it myself. Should there be any bugs let me know and I will (probably) fix it.

Provided as is, no warranty or guarantee of any kind implied. Use at your own risk.

Mirroring or other distribution of this mod is permitted, so long as distribution is free.

While this mod is based on the original levels for SS2, it was not made nor is it supported by Irrational Games, Looking Glass Systems, EA games or Eidos Interactive. If things go wrong do not look to them for help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24/09/07 For anyone trying to get MP working, I have had confirmation that it is possible to play MP using this mod. Unfortunately, others have had trouble. To give yourself the best chance of it working, ensure that each person in the game has, at minimum, the same gamesys and the same mission files.

DOWNLOAD
663383ef5b073
ZeebokQuote
Thank you!!  I've been waiting for someone to figure out how to make a higher respawn rate  :bluegrin:  I think I'll have to test this with your randomizer mod to see how much more intense things get  :thumbwink: I really wish I had the coding knowledge to figure out how to do these things...all in due time I guess....like when I get to college...  :shifty:
663383ef5b157
ZygoQuote
Unfortunately the spawn mod and random are incompatible as they both have to replace the original mission files. I do have plans to add the spawner functionality to random though, which ought to accomplish much the same thing.
663383ef5b24d
Error040Quote
Great mod, Hardcore spawn rate keeps me busy indeed!  :dropsdead: But I have a little issue on Deck 3 only, I have noticed that the spawn rate, at least with me, keeps fairly the same, then I tried the No Spawning, and hey, they keep spawning normally, like if nothing was changed. I checked size and date of your edited .mis files, to check I installed it properly, and I did, besides the rest of decks and sectors work just as fine. Reinstalled and it's still there.

I don't know if anyone else have this same issue, yet would like to know how to help it out. Thanks.
663383ef5b3ee
KolyaQuote
There are certain zones in SS2 that have a "hardwired" spawn rate that won't be affected by modifications to the general spawn-rate. It shouldn't be a complete deck though... but merely rooms or corridors.

Maybe you might want to PM Zygo about this. He's known as Zygoptera over at TTLG.
Page: 1/9▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact