SS2 Zygoptera 'Ultimate' Spawn Mod

1 Guest is here.
6646effedaaf6
DominikQuote
Thanks for the fast response. Now it works. Just a word on how I did it:

First I downloaded the ss2tool and let it do all the work for me. Then I used the mod manager by Zombe and had it activate the ultimate spawn mod. I did all this by following the instructions in the "get your game mod ready"-thread. Then I started a new game. It suddenly was in english (I'm from Germany and therefor have the german version^^) and had no german speech, in fact it had no speech at all... And the cubes didn't show up.

Then I uninstalled the game and made a full reinstall. After that I patched it to 2.3 and then I followed the instructions to manually make the game mod ready. It took me longer, but was worth the time, because now it works, the cubes were there and the game is still german. I wouldn't mind, if the game was in english, but I have no english speechfiles, so I'm glad it's working again. Because speech definately adds to the atmosphere and the german localization was very well done.

So thanks again, you have a very nice site here, keep up the good work :-)

Beware Xerxes, for here I come and you won't be able to stop me without unlimited respawn!
6646effedaccc
KolyaQuote
Okay, ich weiß jetzt was passiert ist. Das SS2Tool hat eine install.cfg Datei in deinen SS2 Ordner kopiert, die einen englischen Spracheintrag hat. ("language english") Du hättest den nur in "language german" ändern müssen. Naja, zu spät.

Ich habe einen Deutsch Patch zusammengestellt, der dieses und einen Reihe weitere Probleme der deutschen Version behebt.
6646effedb134
ZygoQuote

Quote by Error040:
Great mod, Hardcore spawn rate keeps me busy indeed!  :dropsdead: But I have a little issue on Deck 3 only, I have noticed that the spawn rate, at least with me, keeps fairly the same, then I tried the No Spawning, and hey, they keep spawning normally, like if nothing was changed.
OK, so I'm replying to a year+ old message, but since I do know why I might as well provide the reason, and why it cannot be changed. Basically, the patch patched some of the mission files using .dif files. If the ecology information is in the .dif file there is no way to change them as they effectively overwrite any mis file which is present. The only way to get rid of all spawns would be to play unpatched, which is inadvisable.

On the subject of Multiplayer, I've had confirmation that some have played it successfully (or at least as successfully as SS2 MP ever is), while others seem to have a lot of problems. I can only stress that in order for MP to work all files which are going to be shared across computers must be identical. At the very least this means the same gamesys and same mission files must be used.
6646effedb2a1
miracle.flameQuote
to disable patch only for this particular mission while keeping everything else patched just rename file hydro2.dif in your Shock2 game folder to e.g. hydro2.dif.bak and the ultimate spawn should work for deck3 as well.
6646effedb343
Cap. John MatrixQuote
Is it compatible with the FM Ponterbee Station?

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact