SS2 Zygoptera 'Ultimate' Spawn Mod

1 Guest is here.
664702320edae
KolyaQuote
No, it's only for the original campaign.
664702320ee8a
KolyaQuote
I integrated the patch with the mod, moved the MIS files out of the MOD folder (MOD folders aren't necessary anymore), made some minor changes to the mod.ini (Gave it the mod-icon and linked the Readme in) and recompressed the whole thing as 7z (22->15MB).
664702320f116
The BrainQuote
You should add note of renaming hydro2.dif-file since this mod cointains full version of second Hydroponics level.

I wonder if there is way to make some sort of template hydro2.dif-file which doesn't contain any level data. And its size can't be zero, otherwise game will crash.
664702320f1c9
KolyaQuote
I added a note. Thanks for the heads up.
664702320f2f3
ZygoQuote
I'm fairly sure that the dif files are just special save game files which the game loads prior to the actual save, so making a 'blank' version would just junk the level, unfortunately. You can find all the objects in them, so it would be theoretically possible to hexedit the changes in, but practically I'm not going to do it (and I wouldn't expect anyone else to, either) for several reasons, some technical but not least because this altered dif file would break a vanilla game which tried to use it.

I'd guess the most elegant solution- much as I dislike suggesting extra work for other people- would be to make the mod manager nuke the dif files if the mod has changed hydro2 or shodan levels. If it doesn't already.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact