66471393be687

66471393becb8
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Night Dive Twitch Streams
Page: « 1 ... 28 [29] 30 »
Read 50885 times  

66471393bf4a5voodoo47

66471393bf50a
hmm, pre-orders ≠ kickstarter backers, I'd assume? guess I'll have to cough up a couple of dollars once it's out.

66471393bf68cZylonBane

66471393bf6e9
I don't see how it would be possible to turn System Shock's story into a mainstream movie without changing it so much that it would be basically unrecognizable. The concept of the hacker-protagonist is now painfully dated, and you'd have to introduce additional survivors so it wasn't just the Hacker running around by himself for 90 minutes. Another big handicap is that it wouldn't be possible to show much, if anything, from the villain's perspective.

Absolute best case is they'd end up with Die Hard in Space.

66471393bf7d5voodoo47

66471393bf821
now I have a fusion cannon, ho - ho - ho.

it could work as a small, niche movie aimed at the hardcore fans, but mainstream, not a chance - remember, even the Warcraft movie didn't manage to break even, and that's one of the top, if not the top pc gaming franchise.

66471393bfabficemann

66471393bfb14
Notes for 2nd dismemberment video (07/31/2020) of anything not already mentioned:

The volume was really low on this one. Had to pump up the speakers to hear the audio.

* 1:03:00 - Get to see further dismemberment on mutants. Less buggy this time round. - They need to add in disintegration, as you could do that to bodies in the original
* The gore from shotgun blasts is a bit excessive. The mutants shot, became showers of gore.
* 1:08:00 - Showcasing of the different looks assigned randomly to mutants. Small variances. Daniel joins at this point as well.
* 1:14:00 - Berserk patch
* 1:25:00 - Assault Rifle. The gore guy then loses his shit for the next 20 minutes. You can skip that.
* What were the most craziest ideas for System Shock that were never used - Nothing did not make it in. Anything they came up with, went in. You can skip the rest after that. Nothing of major interest.
* I'm the last person to advocate anything politically correct (as I'm strongly against political correctness), but towards the end Swin makes a few sexual comments towards the female staff member in the stream (Karlee). First time sure, due to Karlee's choice of words at that point (on how she words "what's inside the big daddy"). Funny sure. Second time though when he brought up Shodan's dildo, even I thought that was out of line. Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way. Karlee left the stream not long after. Be interested on sgupta's thoughts as he watched / listened to the stream as well.
* Swin must have been on something, as he played classical music, shot mutants to death and laughed endlessly for 35 minutes (20 minutes straight 1st time, kept mentioning how hilarious it all was quite often thereafter and then went back later for more for another 15 some time later). I thought that was a bit odd and annoying. I stopped watching the stream towards the end. Reminded me a lot of when I'd hang around my stoner friends in high school days. I'm not trying to single out Swin of note. These were just odd bits (for me) in the stream. His work on the gore / gib effects looks quite good.
« Last Edit: 05. August 2020, 19:00:32 by icemann »

66471393c011eunn_atropos

66471393c0187
it could work as a small, niche movie aimed at the hardcore fans, but mainstream, not a chance - remember, even the Warcraft movie didn't manage to break even, and that's one of the top, if not the top pc gaming franchise.

And if Cyberpunk 2077 turns out to be a massive hit, it would be far more likely to have a movie based on it. There would not be room for two cyberpunk movies at the same time in the mainstream.
As a niche film, maybe. But it would be a question of scope. If could turn out like some direct-to-DVD stuff; either produced very cheap (hopefully with some charm and passion) or slightly less cheap but unremarkable. Depends on the people involved; if they can resist using crappy CGI and including asian fight choreography.
But are there any directors/film makers that like (and "understand") the System Shock games?

Maybe (said with not much enthusiasm) an anime in the vain of Ghost in the Shell.

66471393c027dicemann

66471393c02ce
The Warcraft movie was terrible. Didn't even stick to the plot of the first game. Went more with Warcraft 3's retcon, and even then was different.

66471393c036evoodoo47

66471393c03b9
yeah, but it was a good bad movie, if that makes any sense. like yep, this is terrible, but still fun.

66471393c045dicemann

66471393c04a6
If its "The Room" kinda bad sure.

And some extra edits to earlier post. Today watched the rest of the second dismemberment stream. Got really weird towards the end.
« Last Edit: 05. August 2020, 18:58:16 by icemann »
66471393c063e
There was another Swin stream yesterday (a few people dropping in).  Kind of watched in the background - casual but fun stream with lots of chat about movies, etc. 

- More ShockBot work on damage/destruction state.

- Grenade bowling at the very end where damage/dismemberment for grenades is in now.

66471393c06dbicemann

66471393c0734
sgupta see my question to you above.

66471393c0885bigfatfrog605

66471393c08d2
He probably had a little too much to drink (I counted a few bottles of that oh-so-insidious liquid visible on stream) which explains the slow-mo stuff. Hell, when I got drunk once I thought the word "Kazakhstan" was hilarious to the dismay of everyone. Shrug.

Not a big deal in my opinion
Acknowledged by: icemann

66471393c095cicemann

66471393c09a4
Fair enough. Probably reading too much into it.
66471393c0aef
icemann, honestly, I noticed the big daddy thing (thought it was funny myself), but didn't notice the other comment (I was busy at home during that stream, though paying attention through most of it).  I don't get offended easily, so I'd only be concerned if Karlee was, and honestly this is the first I've heard of it, so I don't think she considered it an issue (I'm sure she'd deal with it if she did).  As for the playing around with weapons/the bowling, I dunno - I thought it was fun myself, but I can't say it'd surprise me if some drinks were involved. =P
Acknowledged by: icemann

66471393c0b9aicemann

66471393c0bec
I laughed my ass off at the big daddy one. The dildo mention was the only one that got me off centre. But just reading too much into it.
Acknowledged by: sgupta

66471393c0ddaicemann

66471393c0e23
I need to watch that one when I have the time. Be interesting.
66471393c0f33
I only had a quick look at the visuals. Looked more like a real space to me, but pretty cool.
66471393c1193
08/17/2020 - Dev Work w/ Daniel & Karlee (Kevin also joins a bit into it).

* Work on CyberSpace!

* It's going to be 6-degrees of freedom (Descent-style) again.

* It does have the Game of Life that the original has (where if you hit a tile, the pattern radiates outwards).  He can't show it yet as it currently shooting causes a crash, but will show it when able.

* You can see other rooms/geometry through walls, ala the original.

* Not all effects are in, but it's getting there.

* They're not yet sure when CyberSpace will make it into the demo as that's quite an undertaking to bring new systems into the build.  By the time of Beta it should be tho'.

* They don't want to give a firm release date until they're absolutely sure.

* There are some enemy models for CyberSpace, but they don't want to show them yet to keep some things as a surprise.

*  It won't be all green.  Tiles will change colors based on objects near them.  IE a hot object might make it red. 

This was a really neat stream if you want to get a feel for CyberSpace. 

66471393c12feicemann

66471393c134a
My notes for it:

* The background Spyro music kept cutting out every time one of them spoke. Annoying.
* Is cyberspace all in the one level like in the original - No. Due to Unreal engine limitations, each will be in a separate level, but each will be made to look like you can see other cyberspace levels within it. The programmer also requested that each be a separate level.
* Will there be specific difficulty settings for cyberspace like in the original - Yes. Definitely.
* Will there be an animation play out when the player interacts with a cyberspace terminal - Yes. In the works.
* Will C-Space be sticking to the original layouts - Some yes, some no
* How is SS2 enhanced edition going - The KEX team is on that one. No new details at this stage.
* Due to the complexity of the levels, I could see players getting completely lost in there. Looks good though. Reminds me of the c-space bits in SS2 Infinite. Very maze-like.
* 1:06:00 - Quite a bit of talk in the chat going on about how could Night Dive be making a SS2 enhanced edition when the code that enabled it to work on modern systems was not made by them. Daniel comments to keep that out of the chat and to stick to SS1 related stuff.

66471393c14bbicemann

66471393c1505
Daniel - 24.09.2020

* Daniel working on Exec level and cyberspace. Has the same audio lag issue as the last video, where when Daniel speaks his Spyro music cuts out, then comes back when back to quiet. Annoying. Have this one running while your doing something else
* Exec levels looking nice. Most of the art for it is in, so it's got most of the details added in. Nice reflective marble flooring. Design of the level is very close to the original. Nearly 1 to 1 in most places.
* New corpse models (again)
* Karlee joins early in
* Will cyberspace be added to the demo - Maybe. No time frame is in for the next update, but they do prefer releasing big updates, as opposed to smaller
* Is the last level complete - No. Concept art is done and the BSP / blockout of it was done ages ago (as seen in earlier streams last year)
* When this remake is finished, is there a System Shock 2 remake on the cards - No details at this stage. Has been discussed.
* Cyborg Warrior currently in development
* 1:43:30 - Get to see the work in progress laser rapier. Very different to the original. Far more like an actual rapier, or like the fencing weapon. It now drains much more energy on use.
* 1:46:00 - Get to see some more cyberspace (the cyberspace level for Exec). Running it crashes Unreal. Amusing. Crashes on second attempt as well.
Acknowledged by: JosiahJack

66471393c16bdZylonBane

66471393c1711
So the Executive texturing is looking pretty good. Everything is properly very posh, EXCEPT--

The update of this texture:

To this:

The original looks like some kind of stained wood, or faux leather, or both. The update looks like the inside of a shipping container, or a chicken coop, or an air filter. It's flat and plastic-looking and overly busy with that tiled pattern that didn't exist at all in the original texture. Basically this looks ugly, and I really hope they fix it.

Also those yellow couches looked a bit out of place in the Exec area. They seem more suited to something like a bus station. Executives would demand the fancy stuffed padded armrest couches.
66471393c18f6
Ice already got you covered, but my notes just in case.
09/23/2020 - Dev Work w/ Daniel & Karlee (a bit in)

* Work on Executive (mostly) and CyberSpace.

* He shows off some lighting stuff in-engine as far as how they determine what's working well vs. not (a color-coded system). 

* They'd like a demo with CyberSpace but can't give an ETA right now; it makes sense, but they've found the response is better to larger updates, so they've been focusing on progress.

* They're working on object placement in CyberSpace as well. 

* Executive now has more terrariums with plants and such - also seating and cafe-like areas. 

* Laser rapier is in; may not be quite as overpowered as in the original, but it's still going to be really good; probably a bit more energy drain as well.  He shows it off - no effects yet.

* Research library cyberspace level is finished, though no objects placed.  Other Cyberspace levels shown.
66471393c1a7a
Oh, and re that texture, that might be a mileage varies thing.  I *really* like the new one.  It's very 70's-feeling to me, but is reminiscent enough of the original that I see why they went that way.  Just personal opinion though - I can see why some people might not like it.  (Though tbh I never really got a "wood" feeling out of the original there; I would have guessed cushion or maybe leather.)

66471393c1f2bZylonBane

66471393c1f83
It's very 70's-feeling to me
Do I even need to explain why an homage to one of the ugliest decades ever isn't exactly a ringing endorsement?

Or how 70s aesthetics and 90s cyberpunk go together like oil and antimatter?
1 Guest is here.
[Vectrex] is a good bet to score big with the consumer".
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66471393c2cf9