🔒 Night Dive Twitch Streams

2 Guests are here.
◀◀Page: 129/142▶▶
6647c67e01b1a
ZylonBaneQuote
Reality isn't pixelated. In an immersive sim FPS that's supposed to be putting the player in a (fictional) real-world situation, intentionally pixelating the textures is therefore the opposite of a good idea. It makes a mockery of System Shock, treating it like some quaint "retro" trifle. The original SS wasn't pixelated as some deliberate design decision, it was pixelated because that was as far as they could push the technology of the time.
Acknowledged by 3 members: Chandlermaki, voodoo47, icemann
6647c67e039d4
📱 KolyaQuote
A lot of games these days use a filter or some other abstraction layer (eg cartoon style) to hide the fact that they could not invest in photo realistic graphics. Often it's not to their detriment.

Not sure if this is working here, since it's limited to environment textures iirc, I'd have to look at the demo again. Just saying that it's not unusual and often rather helps with immersion, despite reality not being pixelated or cartoony.
6647c67e03c73
icemannQuote
I hate the pixelation of the textures. Makes the game look amateur.
6647c67e03dfc
voodoo47Quote
the part I don't get is that they are apparently doing it in a way that doesn't allow an on/off switch. as I've mentioned on discord (while adding a screenshot of SS2 running in the editor software mode), I don't mind the pixel people, as long as I can have my filtering.
6647c67e03f96
ZylonBaneQuote
Yeah, if it was an optional "Retro Mode" that you could toggle, then fine, nice to have options. But forcing it is a real WTF are they thinking.
◀◀Page: 129/142▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact