SS2 CyberBlutch Rebirth 05

1 Guest is here.
66491c6f6fbe1
KolyaQuote
This will be interesting to you: How to make new BIPED Meshes for Dark Engine Games
And these are tools you'll want: ShockEd Toolkit
66491c6f700e4
unn_atroposQuote

Quote by Enchantermon:
CyberBlutch created new models that replace the old ones.
My idea was to take a modell out of the game, change something on it and then to put it back. Because  I have no moddeling skills I thought that would be an easier way instead of doing something from scratch. Maybe there is a chance for changing the textures at least^^

@Kolya: Up to now I just had the normal dromed, but this version is a lot easier to use, thanks!
The other programms look kinda complicated. I guess I should learn how to handle shocked at first
66491c6f704bb
RocketManQuote
Changing the textures in the sense of making a direct replacement of the file is possible but if new UV mapping is required or if you want to remodel something and put it back in the game it won't work without repairing the model after the changes have been made because the information governing how the mesh deforms in response to being animated (joints, motions, etc) is lost in the process of rebuilding the mesh.  I had to be reminded of this on a couple of occasions myself.
66491c6f7083a
voodoo47Quote

Quote by Kolya:
If you mean the humans in the earth level (before the training center) they should use the rebirth models. Which makes them look like corpses unfortunately.
The ADaoB mod fixes that. So if you use that, they will look like the normal models again.
is there any way to fix this (I mean,to have rebirth models on the living human npcs without breaking anything)?
66491c6f70971
KolyaQuote
But earth's living humans do have rebirth models. It's just a minor problem that those are corpse models which makes them look like zombies (if you get up close and have a good look, otherwise you're unlikely to even notice).
The only way to fix this is to replace the mission file with one where the humans use different models, which is what ADaoB does.

To clarify: Earth's living humans wore corpse models in the original game too. But it only became really noticable with rebirth.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact