SS2 CyberBlutch Rebirth 05

1 Guest is here.
66381d4897988
voodoo47Quote
oh,I get it now. thanks for the clarification.
66381d4897bc6
voodoo47Quote
..ok, first, I'm a total newbie in this, so don't be surprised if I say something stupid or obvious.

I have been looking at the original mesh.crf, trying to figure out how things work. the reason is simple-I would like to use rebirth models for the living crew members as well (as having both the original, and the rebirth models on one screen looks just wrong). so basically, the original game uses one set of models and textures for living people, and another for corpses (CRUx_xxx/CORx_xxx). that means adding a rebirth model is quite easy, all I had to do was make a copy of the rebirth CORx_xxx models and rename them to CRUx_xxx. there is one problem though-the new "living" model uses (or rather, if I understand things correctly, is internally linked to) the old "corpse" texture, making the living ingame npcs look a bit too bloody.

the question is-how difficult would it be to edit the new "living" model (in reality, just the renamed "corpse" model) and link it with some other texture (exactly as the original CRUx_xxx is linked to CRUx_xxx.GIF)?
66381d4897d54
KolyaQuote
I think you'd just need to use BIN2E and edit the E file to use the new texture, then ...um make it a bin again. All you need should be in NV's ShockEd Toolkit.

I do wonder where you see living models and corpses so close together though that it would matter.
66381d4897e7b
voodoo47Quote
the hybrid chase scene just after the 45100 door would be a good example (tall lowpoly woman chased by a short hipoly hybrid. makes you go waaat? instead of eeek!).

I'm doing the graveyard shifts next week, guess I'll try playing around the editor a bit. thanks.

edit: ah what the hell, sometimes you just gotta have fun. managed to convert the bin to e, and did the edits, but I'm a bit clueless on how to convert it back to bin-it seems like I can convert it to 3ds and then to bin, but that seems kind of.. impractical. hmm.....
66381d4897f70
KolyaQuote
Not sure, NV can certainly explain that if you don't find anything in the readmes before.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact