SS2 Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines

1 Guest is here.
664a54ce35749
RoSoDudeQuote

Quote by ZylonBane:
Huh, I skimmed the change notes and didn't see that mentioned.
That is apparently because I never mentioned it in the changelist. Will fix that in the next update...
664a54ce35907
SalkQuote
Hello!

In the OT I read: "Installation and Mod Compatibility
Requires SS2 v2.48 patch or above. SS2-RSD is built for SCP Beta 4 (and hopefully beyond), which is required."

Can someone confirm that the latest version is fully compatible with the SCP Beta 5 changes?

Thanks!
664a54ce359c3
RoSoDudeQuote
It's unfortunately not yet compatible, I've been away from my main PC for about a month. I have a beta version I will upload soon to test for SCPb5 compatibility.
Acknowledged by: sarge945
664a54ce35b22
RoSoDudeQuote
Okay, I've uploaded 2.04 BETA to the first post. I have not 100% verified that everything is working in the levels, but I did play up through Hydroponics.

#### 2.04 BETA ####
-Updated for SCP Beta 5 compatibility and reverts
   -SCP Beta 4 is no longer compatible
   -Grenade Launcher base damage not increased by 85%
   -Worm piles cannot be destroyed by most damage types (only incendiary and anti-annelid)
-Removed debug logspam for frobbing psi pull items
-New headshot system for Pistol and Assault Rifle bullets
   -Weapon base damages decreased by 25% (Pistol 4->3, Assault Rifle 8->6)
   -Headshots deal an additional 66% damage (25% more than before)
   -Damage type weaknessess/resistances apply to bonus headshot damage
   -Hybrids, Monkeys, Midwives, Assassins, Rumblers are susceptible to headshots
-Decreased bullet projectile size by 80%
Acknowledged by 3 members: Salk, voodoo47, sarge945
664a54ce35f37
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by RoSoDude:
-Worm piles cannot be destroyed by most damage types (only incendiary and anti-annelid)
Annelid worm: Dies to wrench and bullets and harsh language.
Smaller, weaker, immobile worms: INVULNERABLE

You sure you thought this through?

Worm piles are such a non-threat that the only reason SCP makes them killable is because they should be killable. As worm research says, "they're so easily killed it hardly matters".

So tacking on specific requirements to kill worm piles doesn't make lore sense and misses the point of them, which is that they're only a threat when not noticed. Even in unmodded SCP I expect most people will rarely if ever bother shooting them, because just walking around them is easy and costs nothing. They're so trivial a threat that they're, on average, worth less than a bullet. Raising their destruction requirement above the level of a bullet eliminates this calculus, pushing their destruction completely into "not worth it, ever" territory. Boring.
Acknowledged by: tiphares4

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact