🔒 New resource request - Rickenbacker maps (completed)

1 Guest is here.
6634e1918eb60
GrosnusQuote
This is my best attempt at making this happen:

Deck A is basically a giant cluster of insets, but instead of showing that in a standard way, I decided to seperate map into layers and only show specific "sub-insets" for each layer.
Something similar was done here: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?wap2;topic=2049

A few areas accessible by ladder are intentionally skipped which is not uncommon in vanilla maps anyway. I was even thinking about merging Nacelle B tunnels into one area intead of 3 - in current form it might be even more confusing with automap than without. Besides, I feel there's way too many numbers in the map already.
I tried to keep the style as close as possible to original, so I had to stick to several "rules" of layouting, which only made it more difficult to fit everything in. In the end the scale isn't that bad - Rec2 map has even smaller elements than this.

All rooms and markers are set in .mis files, so everything should work fine. I had to split a lot of room brushes into smaller boxes to match map segments. It's based on SCP maps, so SCP will be required to try it out.
I don't think new automaps are going to work in saves, so new game is also required, at least from my experience.

Overall it works much better during gameplay - even though Rickenbacker is very linear, uncovering new areas gives a nice sense of exploration - something I always liked in games with maps like this.
[Rickenbacker_automaps.zip expired]
Acknowledged by 5 members: JML, unn_atropos, hemebond, edx, RoSoDude
6634e1918ed3b
ZylonBaneQuote
Holy cow.
6634e1918efaf
voodoo47Quote
what he said. based on beta4 maps, I would assume? //yes. also, if you are using SHTUP, the intrface folder from the archive needs to be copied there as well.

saves from before entering Rick for the first time should be fine.
6634e1918f459
MarvinQuote
I guess Christmas is coming early to the SSorg community this year, what with the logo update and now this.
6634e1918f540
voodoo47Quote
yeah - pretty sure we'll want to release the next version of SCP sooner than Halloween this year.
Acknowledged by: JML

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact