🔒 Hires resource request - SS2 spinning Marine/Navy/OSA logos (completed)

1 Guest is here.
664cc637ebfa2
OlfredQuote
I only did the navy logo. I attached my blender file and two renders.

I just picked some colours for testing purposes and haven't invested time to get it just right. As I'm not really much of a texture guy, I wanted to do most of the details with materials. After I had them right I wanted to bother with colour correctness. But before I even got to that I got hung up on the lighting and the reflectiveness of the surface. I invested several hours into it, but it never really felt right to me. Then something came up and yadda yadda I forgot about it, shame on me.
On the bright side, it encouraged you to make these awesome looking ones  :thumb:
664cc637ec15d
ZylonBaneQuote
Something I might do when incorporating them into SHTUP is reverse the rotation on the Marine logo to match the other two, and remove the periods from OSA, since it's not written like that anywhere else in the game. Both issues with the original textures, of course.
664cc637ec272
voodoo47Quote
the marine logo rotation seems intentional.
664cc637ec375
VegoraptorQuote
Something something, invitingly usher you to step closer and take your choice. Been a while since I had a look into customer psychology, but that seems about right.
664cc637ec5f4
GrosnusQuote
Weirdly enough, I've never noticed Marines logo spinning the other way until I started recreating the textures.
Maybe it's for symmetry when player is entering the room through corridor?

I attached version with OSA without periods and reversed Marines rotation for comparison.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact