6646f45c1ca0e

6646f45c1ced7
1 Guest is here.

6646f45c1d6b9
I think I got it, thanks for the short introduction.

Moving around feels like SS1 controls. But at some point I kinda rotated my view and didn't know how to move back, heh.

As I am also working on new turret models. Is there some way to make a turret shoot at something but not the player? Or at least being "deployed"?
Also, how is it determined where the bullet casings are flying out?

6646f45c1d8a0voodoo47

6646f45c1d8f1
F should reset you back.

the object should have "vhots" (can be displayer by typing show_vhots into the command window in the lower right corner), sort of hotspots from which the casings should be generated. but not much experience with those, if any, I'm afraid.

and yes, it should be possible to set a turret to shoot the enemies of the player, by setting up its team properly. also, if you want it to start up in the open position, that should be possible as well, by modifying its joint position (laser turret selected, click properties in the lower left part of the screen, find shape/joint position, open it, and set joint 1 to 2.00).
« Last Edit: 15. November 2013, 23:33:15 by voodoo47 »
6646f45c1da48
Ah, well there are 3 vhots on the turret. Already figured one of the must the where the turret is shooting from, didn't figured out yet what the other are meant to do.

Whenever I try to change any of the properties, like team or joint position I can't enter game mode, I just get a crash.
Also, how can I move things around? Is that only possible through the arrow buttons?

EDIT:
Nevermind, it's just my broken SS2.
I have two installations of SS2, one for modding and screwing around, that's where I get all the resources from. And a clean installation where I only put things for testing. Works for me in the clean install, so everything is fine.

6646f45c1db03voodoo47

6646f45c1db51
crash? well that shouldn't be happening - try to share your crash.dmp and shock2.log.

you can move objects around by modifying the X Y Z coordinates, lower left corner. also bank, pitch, size etc.

//ah, ok.
« Last Edit: 16. November 2013, 09:27:47 by voodoo47 »
6646f45c1dc40
Already solved it (kinda, see previous post)

But there is no way to move them around in the view windows? Not the 3D, the other ones?

6646f45c1dd1fArixonaIceTea:(

6646f45c1dd6c
Hey, you all probably noticed that the elevators show some weird glitching right? Maybe this was already fixed but I post it anyways. Also this was the first time I ever played and finished system shock 2 with all your mods and fixes and what a game it was! I really liked the cyberspace part, and I'm glad that I played system shock 1 first!

[dump003.png expired]

6646f45c1e37avoodoo47

6646f45c1e3d8
this is impossible to see while playing. in fact, I did not even manage to capture it on my own screenshot. should be considered as extremely low priority.

yeah, the elevator stuff has been fixed in SCP - you should probably hold off any map issue bugreports until the first beta is out.

But there is no way to move them around in the view windows? Not the 3D, the other ones?
numeric keys should do that. also clicking on the small arrows in the coordinates window, or typing in the coordinates manually, or scrolling with the mousewheel while hovering over the coordinates.
6646f45c1e51c
Ah, well I thought there would be some way to move them with the mouse, but this is good enough for me I think. Also just discovered the "Floor Me" button which is really helpful.

As there is currently nothing to do I am trying to get the turret into the game, but jointed object really are a pain.
Also I have a problem that I don't know the name of 2 vhots. Is there some way to look them up somewhere? (Already tried bintoe and the blender bin importer, no luck there)

Also, if there is anything else to do just tell.

6646f45c1e7a6voodoo47

6646f45c1e7fa
jointed object really are a pain.
yeah, I've heard that before. unfortunately, no idea about vhots, I did not make is as far in Shocked just yet, so someone else will have to answer that.

still looking for more broken models, but found none so far.
6646f45c1e91f
I thought about a possible solution for the choppyness but couldn't finde the desired feature in Blender. So I asked in a blender forum and finally got an answer.

I created new motion files and I think it's better now (again crappy hardware, game is always kinda choppy for me).
Please check and tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: 17. November 2013, 04:10:15 by Olfred »

6646f45c1ec6cvoodoo47

6646f45c1ecb9
ouch, now that hurt, how could we forget the probably most broken objects of all - the trams. adding;

tramcar.bin (-2877) [multiple transparency and z issues]
tramcar2.bin (-3432) [multiple transparency and z issues]

both models should be alpha 1 compatible. ye be prepared, this one is going to be a lot of pain. a LOT. adding test levels for your convenience.

[earth_command1_test.7z expired]
« Last Edit: 17. November 2013, 18:37:37 by voodoo47 »
6646f45c1edb3
dat backface culling :happyjoy:

Should I try to solidify the tram so it actually has some thickness, or should I just leave it paperthin?

Did you check out the animation?

6646f45c1eeabvoodoo47

6646f45c1ef01
whichever looks better - the model is so broken it's almost impossible to figure out what was it supposed to look like. just go for what you think it's best and we'll check out the result.

what animation btw?
6646f45c1f041
The animation from my previous post

I try to make it solid, may result in rearraging the player spawn position, but will look better.
But since you are retouching everything for the SCP anyway that shouldn't be a problem :p

6646f45c1f0ddvoodoo47

6646f45c1f12a
ah the gunghost. downloaded, but haven't tried it yet, currently tweaking the eng2 many sequence.
6646f45c1f2e4
Well, tramcar.bin really wasn't all that easy.
So now it has thickness, improved the UV map a bit.
The border around the door was ugly and I changed the geometry a bit to lessen it. Still ugly, but better.

tramcar.bin and tramcar2.bin seem to be the same model, right?
So just copy and rename this one. If there really is a difference just tell me.

Also discovered some errors.

On command1.mis
If you get to close to the window the other one blends to the front
Button is floating (even more visible on old model since it has no thickness, the new one does)

Made this one on earth1.mis but probably the same on command1.mis
You can lean through the window

6646f45c1f3advoodoo47

6646f45c1f3fc
the button can be ignored, but that window thing should be fixed - I have no idea why is it happening, will ask around.
6646f45c1f4e7
Is there some kind of polylimit for a model which SS2 can handle?

Currently I have problems converting the kitchen cutlery model.

6646f45c1f58cvoodoo47

6646f45c1f5d8
yes, I believe there is some sort of limit, if it's refusing to convert, you have probably just hit it. there was some documentation around, I'll try to find it when I get back from work.
6646f45c1f71c
Well when I remove parts of the model I am able to convert it. But well, I have to delete about 3/4 of the model.

I guess the problem is that it's alot of small models just cramped into one. If it would be each piece individually it wouldn't be such a problem.

Is there a way to create some kind of "pack" in the editor which consists of several models?

6646f45c1f7bdvoodoo47

6646f45c1f80e
what kind of conversion tool do you use btw?
6646f45c1f923
bsp.exe
After a while I get a "file conversion failed"

Also tried the bin exporter script for blender.
That just stops working at some point.
« Last Edit: 18. November 2013, 15:40:42 by Olfred »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

System Shock 2 takes place on the star ship named ...:
1 Guest is here.
She was seen as something like SHODAN’s secret police; brutal and intelligent enough to interrogate people
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6646f45c1fa3f