SS2 list of broken and lowpoly objects that need fixing

1 Guest is here.
◀◀Page: 205/434▶▶
66451533c1c75
voodoo47Quote
well, just do whatever you can - the priority are proper joints. headtracking would be nice, but if it can't be made to work properly, then he will just have to live with a stiff neck. again, pretty sure that whatever you'll come up with will be better than the orig model.

assassin is not causing any direct issues at the moment, but still, it'd be nice for him to have proper joints to get headtracking to work, and for future modders to not having to take the missing joints into consideration when modding (for example, should someone make a melee assassin that has a laser rapier attached to the finger joint, the AI will be broken with Rebirth, unless he also makes a special Rebirth version that will use  the wrist joint with a proper offset).

basically, any replacement resource that is not a direct 1:1 replacement, and requires special handling should be fixed up, if possible.
66451533c1e2e
RocketMan_RemoteQuote
BTW can you do something with the zip file 2 pages up that contains all of PinkDot's fixed models?  I don't want it to get lost or anything.  I leave it to your good judgement but may I suggest putting it with the Mother's modding resources?  This is the only copy in existence where everything is properly converted with no errors and with vhots, to my knowledge, so it's a somewhat valuable commodity.
66451533c1fe2
voodoo47Quote
I'll ask K to maybe drop them directly onto the server, but I think they should be pretty safe here.

anyway, midwife will need tweaking, the model is shorter (crushed knees again, most probably), and there is some bad thing going on with the tip of the toes (and the soles of her feet as well). new model on the left, old on the right. same thing going on with the pipe hybrid. double checked on the shotgun guy, and surely enough, his toes are not completely ok either.
66451533c2450
OlfredQuote
And here you see why I hate working with rebirth  :thumb:
66451533c25c8
RocketMan_RemoteQuote
I can explain all of that.  It's my fault (kinda).  The height thing goes back to my earlier woes about using the same skeleton on different models of different proportions.  I could preserve the height and move the planes around but in the past that has tended to cause me more grief with the animations than vice-versa.

The toes are inherently messed up in vanilla.  You will notice that every AI walks on the outside edge and tip of their toes and ONLY looks right when in the T-Pose and sometimes when idling.  Whenever they are actually doing anything like running, attacking, etc., the feet contort into some stupid scrunched up shape.  I've been compensating for this by bending the model back the opposite way... that is to raise the toes and put all the pressure on the inside edge.  The planes will invariably bend them back straight when you animate the AI.  The pics you posted show an unrealistic scenario that the player will rarely ever be subjected to.  If you capture the AI in motion you'll notice the feet are perfect.  Lemme know your thoughts on this though.
◀◀Page: 205/434▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact